found

*edited*

This way!"

"No this way!"

"Come out, pretty girl. We won't hurt you...yet."

I continue to run, in search of an exit. Suddenly, the lights cut out and I'm left in darkness. I can't even see a foot in front of me, let alone where the hallway leads. I flatten my back against the closest wall and try to steady my erratic breathing.

Click. "Now let's see how the mouse runs in the dark." Harry's voice is full of delight, like he's enjoying watching me run in circles. I look around, trying to figure out my next move. "Ready or not, here I come, baby." Click.

"Fuck it." I begin to run, my fingers trailing along the walls as I go, allowing me to move without hitting anything. I begin to panic when I realize that if Harry finds me, he'll do everything he can to make me suffer other than killing me. If my brother finds me, I have a chance.

"Nikolai. Nikolai. Nikolai." I chant to myself, trying to figure out where to go. Then I hear the voices.

"This way!"

"I hear her running!"

"Faster!"

The slap slap slap of my bare feet against the tile floor makes stop and realize that I've been playing Harry's game all wrong. I shouldn't be running, I should be hiding. My hands immediately attack the walls behind me, grasping for anything that'll reveal a door. All I feel is smooth wood, until my finger tips touch something cold. A handle.

I pull the door open and step inside. The room is as dark as the hallway and freezing cold. I walk a foot forward to feel something cold touch my foot. I jump back, ready to fight whatever brushed against me. My hands go to wall the door is on, in search of a light switch. I hastily turn it on and let out a scream.

On the floor are bodies. Fresh bodies. Some faces I recognize but other's not. My stomach lurches and I can't help but gag. Slowly I back out of the morgue, my hands around my waist as I feel uneasy. 

I barely pass through the doorway when Multiple sets of hands grab at me, holding me still. I kick until the lights flick back on and I see Harry straight in front of me. The hands push me forwards and I fall onto my hands and knees.

"Found you." He stares at me then looks up at the crowd of people behind me. 

"Whoever finds her brother first can kill him." 

The men scatter, running around Harry and I. Neither of us say anything even after the hallway clears.

Harry takes a few steps closer until he's standing tall over me. He leans down and rests his hands on his knees and stares at me curiously.

"Did you really think you could get away?"

I narrow my eyes and glare up at him, refusing to say anything. He grabs ahold of my jaw, and asks me again, except in an angrier tone. In response, I spit in his face. 

His face goes from angry to shocked to downright furious. The hand on my jaw tangles into my hair and with a sharp tug, Harry pulls me up to my feet. I wince but say nothing, eyeing the saliva on his reddening cheek. 

"I've never been more disrespected in my life." He wraps my hair around his wrist then pulls harshly on the strands again, causing me to cry out with tears in my eyes.

"It's time for your lesson." He leans in close to me, "And I know just what it should be."

>><<

Pain and torture. I've felt it, done it, seen it, experienced it. I've been stabbed, shot, and nearly dead more times than not. My body is so scarred that the idea that it once wasn't seems absurd. But, nothing can ever compare to the pain Harry's putting me through. 

He knows my body has experienced 10 times the amount of pain a normal person goes through. He's smarter than to hurt me physically. He's fucking with me mentally. 

After the spitting fiasco, Harry dragged me into a room which was evidently, a security room. He shoved me down into a chair in front of nearly 10 screens, all showing different angles from security cameras. I watch my brother run in the halls, followed by our men. His lips are moving rapidly and he continues to press onto the bluetooth in his ear.

Harry leans over me and presses a button on the dashboard that's full of knobs, buttons, and levers. I watch on the screen as suddenly a door to the right of my brother opens, exposing a sea of green. The exit. 

Our men look at each other and sprint out, followed by my brother. He hangs out by the door with a look of despair until relief washes over his features. A man jogs up to my brother and puts an arm around his neck, pulling him out of the building, the door slamming shut behind them. When the outdoor camera reveals the identity of the man, I bolt to my feet just for Harry to slam his palms onto my shoulders and force me to sit back down. 

I struggle against him until he leans down so his lips touch the shell of my ear. "My original plan was order Zayn to kill your brother in his sleep... But I think seeing you squirm is enough motive to keep him alive for a little longer." He stands up and pulls me out of the chair in one motion.

He pulls me down the halls, but I try my hardest to slow down the process. I dig my bare heels into the ground and ignore the hot bursts of pain that shoots through my feet and up my legs. Harry abruptly stops and swings around, his entire body tense. He stoops down and picks me up by my legs and throws me over his shoulder. I let out a shriek as I hang upside down and immediately wrap my arms around Harry's waist.

I start to squirm but his grip on my legs is tight. Still, I swear at him.

"Fucker! Put me down!"

"Enough!" Harry pushes at a door and walks us into a parking garage. He puts me down harshly, causing me to stumble. Before I get my balance, he takes ahold of my neck and pushes me against the nearest column. 

"Enough with the fucking disrespect!" He squeezes my neck, slowly applying pressure until I'm struggling to breathe. I claw at his hands, but he only adds more pressure.

"If I didn't want to fuck your pretty little mouth so bad, I would have sewed it shut by now." My eyes go wide and I grasp onto his arm tighter. He leans forward, his moss eyes glaring into my watering hazel ones. 

"Don't. Test. Me. Understood?" He breathes out and I nod my head slowly as my vision blurs. 

The pressure is lifted from my neck and I fall back against the wall behind me and touch the hot skin of my neck. Harry stands a foot away from me, glaring off into the distance. Suddenly, he snaps his attention to me and takes me by my bicep. We walk briskly through the cold parking garage, my foot steps light on the freezing concrete. We arrive to a black BMW and surprisingly, Harry opens the passenger door for me. 

I climb in slowly and flinch from the feeling of the cold leather against my near bare bottom. I wrap my arms around myself as Harry climbs in. He starts the car and stares at me, as if noticing for the first time that I was only in a t-shirt.

"There's a coat in the backseat. Liam's shirt on your body is making me sick." 

My mouth drops open, Harry sounds, dare I say it, jealous.

 He pulls out of the space quickly as I turn in my seat to retrieve the coat. I slip my arms into the sleeves and wrap it around myself. Immediately, I'm greeted with warmth. I sit back against the seat, trying to warm myself up. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Harry turn a dial and warm air crawls out of the vents by my feet.

"Seat belt." I snap my head over to him and am met with his profile. He stares straight ahead, hands grasping the wheel as if his life depended on it. I buckle myself in and settle back against the seat. I glance at the clock and notice that it's only 5 p.m. So much has changed in 8 hours and I suddenly feel exhausted. My eyes droop slowly until I fall asleep to the soft purr of Harry's car against the empty road.