✰𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚝𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗✰

As soon as he slips the letter under her door, he realizes this is it. No ctrl+Z command, no delete button, no backspace or rewind. This is it.

He takes a step back and stares at the wooden door. He wonders if anyone's noticed him coming here; if they'll notice that this is the last one. He wonders if it is the last one.

He continues walking backward, feeling odd like he's breaking the space-time continuum or fate's plan or something, but instead, he trips over his shoelace. He ties it with a mildly bruised ego and a sick sense of hope and hopelessness twisting in his chest. He heads back to his dorm.

Marinette comes over to his dorm with coffee. When she smiles at him, Adrien has the realization that she hasn't seen it yet. And that things will never be the same when she returns to her dorm and opens that envelope.

"Hey," Adrien says tapping her nose as she drinks her coffee with closed eyes. "Hey, hey, heeey."

"What?" Her voice is still groggy from sleep. He grins hugely at her, but she doesn't see.

"I'm glad you're my best friend."

She makes a disgusted noise. "Get your sentiment away. It's too early for that."

"Damn," Adrien mutters. "I was hoping to get an early morning bonding sesh in."

Marinette snorts lightly, moving over. "You may sit by me."

He smiles and sits next to her, biting his cheek before he wraps his arm around her shoulder. She leans into him immediately. "You're the perfect height for my shoulder," Adrien says, and he hates himself. Because this happens sometimes; he says things with this palpable wonder coursing through them like he can't believe Marinette's real.

"I've thought about that before." His jaw drops a little in shock, but he picks it up quickly. "You're a good height for me, too."

"Real life puzzle pieces, I tell you," Adrien says, falling just short of jokes. Damn.

Marinette nods though, blindly grasping for his hand, pulling it from around her shoulder. "No, but seriously, look—"

And then he's holding her hand. Properly. For the first time.

"See," she says, but Adrien's staring at the freckle just to the left of her eye. "They fit."

Adrien swallows, not all that easily, and looks at their hands. "Yeah," he manages. "Yeah, they do."

𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎&𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕!

- 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝?

- 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚍?

- 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝙸 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎?

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝:418

𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛!