꒰ ׂ ۪ nine ⪩⪨

Dear Ladybug, I think it's about time I give away a small bit of my appearance. I have light hair and bright eyes. They're much less pretty than yours, though. From Cat Noir.'

It hadn't been in Adrien's original plan to tell about his appearance so early on in the game, but Marinette had spent the whole week moony-eyed over Art Student Nathaniel. And Adrien was getting jealous. So sue him, he's in love with Marinette. What else is new?

He feels some sort of sick pleasure when Marinette sighs deeply as she enters his room with this week's letter. She drops in on the floor at his feet and crawls into his bed immediately, pulling out her phone. "It's not Nathaniel."

"Oh?" Adrien asks, nearly spilling his soda as he bends over to pick up the paper. He slides it onto his table. "What makes you say that?"

Marinette rolls onto her stomach and buries her face in his pillow. Adrien makes a face at her, one that looks annoyed, but in reality, he's just stupidly in love. He has to make faces to keep from sighing dreamily or burrowing himself under the blankets with her.

She doesn't answer him, but she does make vague grabby hands in his general direction. "Lay down with me. I'm sad."

Adrien's throat is very dry as he slides into his bed, shoving Marinette over gently. She doesn't move but lets out a long breath. "You know," he says, his voice a bit croaky, "if you want Cat Noir to be Nathaniel, he can be."

"I'm not upset that it isn't Nathaniel," she speaks into the pillow, sounding distressed and muffled. "I'm upset that I'm back at square one, having no clue who it is."

"Well, he has light hair and bright eyes, right? That narrows it down."

Marinette lifts her head up slowly, eyes narrowed at him. "How did you know that?"

Adrien frowns. "I read the letter."

"No, you didn't," she accuses, moving to sit up fully. Adrien holds her down. "You didn't even pick it up."

"Your head was in a pillow," he deadpans, hoping to play the whole 'you're crazy' angle. She locks their gazes, her cheek flat against his pillow. Adrien fuzzily thinks that he would really like to wake up next to her every morning for the rest of his life, but his blood is pounding in his ears, so it's a little hard to think all that straight. Marinette narrows her eyes little by little until they're just little slits, making Adrien feel uncomfortably transparent. He holds her gaze though because he knows she'll call him a liar if he looks away.

Eventually, she drops her face back into his pillow again, groaning in irritation. He breathes out a silent sigh of relief and goes back to playing with her hair. "Maybe he'll give you more hints," Adrien says. Marinette only groans in reply.

      ❋   °  🌷  ⬭  .  ⊹  🏩

© julie , 2020 cringe productions