CHAPTER ONE: New Neighbor

The blue house across the street from Felipe Reyes was slowly coming back to life. Ezekiel watched as the overgrown lawn of the once abandoned house was filled with boxes as a brunette in yoga pants carried boxes in and out of a u-haul. EZ Reyes watched the brunette with curiosity, the blue house across from his Pop's had been abandoned for nearly a year since old Ms. Vega passed away. The younger Reyes brother always had a special bond with Ms. Vega, she was like an abuela to him, and well really to like everyone in the small town of Santo Padre, but EZ adored the old woman. He would spend a majority of his time in his teens helping her around the small book store she owned, he loved that book store and felt like a part of his childhood was gone once it closed after her death.

"New neighbor." Felipe commented as his brown eyes stared over at the blue house.

"Yeah." EZ nodded as he watched the brunette share a smile with one of the movers.

It was unusual for the small town of Santo Padre to get new residents. The small town was filled with people who lived there their whole lives, and it made the two Reyes men even more curious about the brunette across the street. EZ heard the rumble of his older brother's motorcycle coming down the road before he even laid eyes on it, he tore his eyes away from the brunette to look at his father who was already heading back inside the house while shaking his head. The Mayan prospect let out a sigh, the relationship between his father and brother was fractured at it's best.

EZ watched as Angel pulled his bike next to his, he watched as his brother stared over at the blue house with curiosity before dismounting his bike and making his way towards EZ. "Hey, Boy Scout." Angel greeted with a chuckle. "Pop got a new neighbor?" The older Reyes brother questioned as he threw a thumb over his shoulder.

"Yeah." EZ nodded as he placed his hands on the front of his kutte. "What are you doing here? I thought you had shit to handle with Coco?" He asked as he tried not to return his gaze back onto the brunette across the street.

"Handled." Angel said simply while lighting up a cigarette. "Know anything about Pop's new neighbor?" Angel asked with a smirk playing on the corner of his lips as he looked over at the blue house. The older Reyes wasn't looking for a relationship, he had enough going on with helping Adelita and all the shit with Galindo, but he knew his brother could use a distraction. Especially if that distraction would stop him from pining over his high school sweetheart.

"No." Ezekiel shook his head. The smirk on Angel's face didn't go unnoticed by EZ.

"Let's go, Boy scout ." Angel said as he read a text from Gilly. "Bish wants us at the scrapyard." He told EZ as he threw his cigarette to the ground.

EZ nodded and followed Angel to their bikes, the younger Reyes took one last quick look over at the blue house and the brunette before riding off behind Angel.

•••

Selena looked over her new house with excitement in her green eyes. The old blue house needed work that was for certain, but underneath the chipped paint, dusty windows, and failing apart porch was a beautiful home that once belonged to her abuela.

The brunette had been surprised when she received a phone call from a lawyer about her abuela's estate, from what Selena was told her abuela had died many years ago. Selena had thought about selling the house and the small book shop she inherited, but she couldn't find it in herself to do so. Selena and her husband had long discussions about uprooting their lives to some small town neither one had ever heard of, and in the end the married couple decided to give the new town a chance. It also helped that Noah had received a promotion which would take him to LA, and while LA was a long drive away from Santo Padre, the couple was excited for what was to come.

The brunette wiped the sweat off of her forehead with the back of her hand as she moved boxes out of the stuffy u-haul. "Gracias." Selena thanked with a smile as one of the movers placed a box labeled 'fragile' gently onto the floor. "De Nada." He nodded with a smile before bringing more boxes into the house. Noah has taken it upon himself to hire movers to help with the move even though Selena had protested. The brunette had assured her husband she would be fine doing the move on her own, but of course Noah Keaton wouldn't hear of it. He was stuck in LA for a few days before he could make his way to Santo Padre and wouldn't be much help with the move, but he made sure to hire some men to help Selena out where he couldn't be.

Selena looked at her new home with her bright green eyes one last time before continuing to move her belongings inside. This small town was now her new home, and she was filled with excitement for whatever Santo Padre had in mind for her.

•••

A/N: New EZ story which I'm super excited about! I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think 😊

𝐴𝑚𝑜𝑟 𝑃𝑟𝑜ℎ𝑖𝑏𝑖𝑑𝑜  ✿ 𝐸𝑍 𝑅𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें