Chapter Twenty-Two: Meeting

◡ꠋ⦁◦☈↓❱❀

NERVES formed in the pit of Selena's stomach as she sat inside her office. Her green eyes staring down at her phone that laid flat on her desk. Dahlia books had been closed for at least a half hour and the brunette had sent Sarah and Letty home giving the two girls no explanation as to why she was staying late other than she had things that needed to get done. Of course the two girls had offered to stay and help but Selena dismissed them without another word.

A sigh left her mouth as another minute passed by and she sat alone in her office. Miguel Galindo was suppose to have showed his face already, yet he was nowhere to be seen. Selena still hadn't come up with a good enough reason as to why he wanted to meet with her and that only made the nerves in her stomach act up even more.

It didn't help either that she had decided to not tell EZ about this meeting Miguel had set up. The Vega woman didn't know much about The Reyes man and his relationship with The Cartel boss, but it seemed to be a bit of a touchy subject. Selena figured it was best if she handled Miguel Galindo alone.

The green eyed brunette grabbed her phone from the desk before making her way out of her office, making her way towards the front of the bookstore. Selena would only wait a few more minutes before giving up on this so called meeting and going home.

A knock on the door pulled Selena from her thoughts, she quickly looked up seeing Miguel Galindo and the man with the braids from last night standing on the other side of the glass door.

Selena quickly walked towards the door, unlocking it for the men and allowing them inside. It was silent between the three of them as Miguel looked around the bookstore, his eyebrows raising ever so slightly as he took in his surroundings before focusing his attention onto the brunette woman in front of him.

"Thank you for meeting me, Ms. Vega." Miguel spoke, breaking the silence. "I'm Miguel Galindo , though I'm sure you already knew that." He said with a smirk on his face, "and you had the pleasure of meeting Nestor last night." He added while motioning towards the man with his dark hair in braids.

"Can I ask what this meeting is all about?" Selena questioned, raising an eyebrow while crossing her arms across her chest.

She saw no point in making small talk. She just wanted to know why he wanted his meeting and then be on with her night.

"You're straight to the point. I like that." Miguel chuckled. "I knew your grandmother. She was a lovely woman and everyone in this town loved her myself included, but when this placed closed after her death I had plans to buy this place." The Galindo man spoke as he began to walk around the bookstore.

"You see, my wife and I have plans for this town — grand plans. Please don't get offended, Ms. Vega. Emily loves this store she used to spend so much time here when she was younger with an old, " Miguel paused, sucking on his teeth as he thought about EZ Reyes, "boyfriend. But, I believe this little store could be so much more than it is. It could be the center point of bringing tourist to Santo Padre."

Selena stood there in silence taking in all of Miguel's words. Confusion and anger were the two main emotions that were taking control over her body.

"I'm sorry I'm a little confused, Mr. Galindo. Are you saying you want to buy the shop?" The brunette questioned as her green eyes stared into Miguel's brown ones.

"Yes." He simply said.

"I'm sorry, but the shop isn't for sale." Selena quickly said with a sternness to her tone. "But you and your wife are always welcomed here." She added with a smile, hoping the cartel boss and his sidekick get the hint that she was done with this meeting.

Miguel chuckled, "Take this incase you change your mind."

Selena reluctantly took the sleek business card from his fingers, hoping the day would never come when she would actually have to use it. There was something about Miguel Galindo that gave Selena a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

The Vega woman quickly locked the door as the two men finally took their leave from the bookstore. A sigh of relief leaving her lips as she leaned against the door. Hopefully that would be the last and only meeting she would be having with Miguel Galindo.

_____________

A/N:
Another short chapter. I'm trying to figure out how i want to end this. thank you for all the votes, comments, and views!