Chapter Six

-ˏˋ What is this? ˊˎ-

Third

After getting home Solana went and took a nap. It's been a long day and she still had some time until Oscar came to pick her up but at the moment she had a really bad migraine.

At 5:30 Solana's alarm went off for her to wake up. She went to the bathroom to pee and then went back to her room to pop a piece of gum in her mouth. She decided to put on a pair of ripped jeans and a graphic tee.

Glancing at her phone, Solana seen it was 5:40. Seeing she still had some time, she turned on her speaker and put on some music. Megan Thee Stallion came on and Solana turned it up to dance around her room.

I'm that bitch. Been that bitch, still that bitch. Will forever be that bitch.

"Period sis." Solana stood in front of her mirror with a hair brush rapping along to the second verse.

Eat me and record it, but your edge up all I'm showing
I keep my niggas private, so his AP all I'm showing
Beef with you bitches really getting kinda boring
If it ain't about the money, you know I'm gon' ignore it

Jamal heard the loud music from his room and popped his head in his sisters door. Solana seen him from her mirror and pointed to him while continuing to rap.

I'm the shit, ooh
I need a mop to clean the floor, it's too much drip, ooh
I keep a knot, I keep a watch, I keep a whip, ooh
Let's play a game, Simon says I'm still that bitch, ayy

"I'm still that bitch Jamal!" Jamal shook his head and left her room whispering to himself 'bitches be bonkers'. He was used to this, it was a daily thing.

When the song was over Solana calmed down a bit. She decided to go sit outside, not to wait for Oscar, but because she wanted to.

Solana walked to the freezer to grab a firecracker popsicle and went outside. It was still light out and hot. Solana sat on the side in the shade but she could still be seen.

Sitting with her headphones in, Solana scrolled through her phone switching through apps. She wasn't timing Oscar but we all know what happened last time he wanted to hang out.

~

Oscar had just dropped Cesar off at home after doing a drop. Even though Cesar knew how gang shit worked, Oscar still wanted him to understand how things actually go down.

It wasn't easy. Oscar didn't want this life for his brother, no one wants this life for their siblings, but he needed Cesar to be able to take care of things if anything ever happened to him.

He pulled up Solana's house and noticed she was already outside. He watched the way she ate the rest of her popsicle; the way her lips wrapped around the sugary treat, the way she dragged her tongue from the bottom to the top. It's crazy how something so innocent looked so sensual.

Shaking the tantalizing thoughts from his head, Oscar honked the horn signaling his arrival to Solana. She looked up from her phone and took her headphones out.

He watched her walk to the front door and shout something inside before coming back out and locking it.

"Look at you," Solana shut the car door after getting in, "actually showing up and on time."