Chapter One

-ˏˋ. Coming Home* ˊˎ-

 Coming Home* ˊˎ-

Solana

I walked out of the hood corner store and stood next to Braelyn while we waited to Raziya to come out. We had just come back from a summer class, trying to stay ahead with college credits. More credits meant early graduation and the earlier we get done the better.

"Does your brother know you're home?" Braelyn asked as we started walking down the street. It was the middle of the summer and seemed like the hottest day too. I pulled my portable fan from my bag to try and a get a breeze but it was no use.

"No," I smiled for Raziya's Snapchat picture, "I didn't tell him what day I was coming back. I just told him someday this week. Same with my dad."

While walking home, we had to make three stops, Raziya's house, then Braelyn's and then mine. Across the street I could hear the whistles and cat calls from the old men. We had shorts and tube tops on but nothing super revealing.

"Men are so disgusting, ugh." Raziya stuck her middle finger up and the men just laughed at her and went back to their conversation. We walked up the pathway to Raziya's house and slightly through the sprinklers for some sort of relief from the brutal summer heat.

"So, I heard that Spooky got out of jail while we were gone." Braelyn sat back on Raziya's bed while she changed her shoes. I smacked Braelyn on her thigh while sitting on the floor knowing Raziya hated outside clothes on her bed.

"Who said that?" I sat up to look at her. I stopped rummaging through the grocery bag and looked at her over my glasses.

"It's all over Snapchat and Twitter. Where have you been?" she snatched the bag out of my hand to get her snacks. I scrunched my face up, both from her lying and being rude.

"You're lying." I crawled across the floor towards the end of the bed where Braelyn laid at. Raziya walked back in now dressed in a tank top and sandals.

"What is she lying about now?" Raziya laid at the end of her bed and looked at us. She popped one of Braelyn's starbursts in her mouth looking between us.

"Tell Sol that Spooky is out of jail." Braelyn pulled out her phone looking for something. She sat up straighter tapping her nails loudly on her phone screen.

"Oh yeah, I seen that. She's actually not lying about that."

Braelyn held her phone in my face with a picture of Spooky and another guy, I think Sad Eyes. The picture was the two of them and Cesar, and the caption said 'bienvenido a casa mano'.

"Hmm. Well good for him." He looked good. Why is it that men happen to look better after jail. We left Raziya's house and made our way to Braelyn's. It was still early, only 11:45, so no one was really out and about right now.