"First of all, I still don't believe I'm descended from you and second of all, I might not be the Chosen One. That was what Qui-Gon Jinn believed but there's no possible way it can be confirmed, people used to believe that other Jedi were the Chosen One but it turns out that they weren't," I argued again.

"The prophecy states that a child will be born fatherless and bring balance to the force, everyone in the galaxy has to have some father to be born, everyone except you. The Force doesn't pick people at random with a random family line to restore balance in the force, it chose the Skywalker line because of your ancestors,"

I looked to the ground as my mind tried to process this, it was all too much. I had gone my whole life so far believing that my family line was nothing important to the galaxy and a small part of my mind always believed that I did have a father but now Kol had just confirmed that I didn't.

"So I really was conceived by the force?" I asked.

"Yes. Darth Plaugies and Darth Sidious were so powerful that they created a dark force nexus, the force was so out of balance that it reacted by creating you so the force wasn't drowning in the dark side. Every Jedi at the time felt the slight shift when you were born and when you came to the temple most Jedi found it easier to use the force and the light side felt stronger and slowly built over time as you trained under Obi-wan Kenobi," 

"Okay and why are you here to guide me? I already know everything I need to know about the force," I pressed.

"Not everything, the Old Republic unlocked the deepest secrets of the force but as the new republic rose those techniques have been forgotten about. I am here to teach you about the old ways of the force. As you know the Jedi Council has always been wary about how powerful you are and could be and they've been holding you back from your full potential. If balance in the force is to come then you must reach your full potential,"

I stayed silent considering his option, I went against the Council often but this was on a whole other level. I knew the Council was scared of how much raw and untapped power I possessed and even Master Yoda didn't know how to control that so when Obi-wan took my on as his Padawan he had strict instructions from the Council to not let me explore the force and extent of my abilities as much for the fear of me not being able to control them.

"I'll let you think about it," Kol said finally.

He slowly faded away into nothing and I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed placing my lightsaber down and running my hands through my hair. I was restless and there was no way I could go back to sleep, I clipped my lightsaber onto my belt and straightened my robes, I left my cloak in my room and left my apartment heading towards the Archives.

I looked on the holograms for anything about the old republic but didn't find anything useful, I pulled down as many texts as I could find on the old republic and slowly flicked through all of them while fighting off sleep. 

Sunlight began to filter through the large windows of the archives and I had slowly made my way through the stack of books but found nothing useful. My head was propped up with my arm as I slowly scanned the page and turned it over every so often. My eyes ached with lack of sleep my I could feel a headache coming along, I reached the back of the last book and I fell against the back of my chair and closed the book with a sigh. 

I felt Obi-wan's force presence enter the archives and I stood up and grabbed the texts before walking between the rows and placing them back where I had gotten them from. 

"You've been up all night, haven't you?" Obi-wan asked with a tone of disapproval.

"No, I got about 3 hours of sleep," I sighed already knowing what he was going to say.

"This would be one of the last places I'd expect you to be at. You always complained about reading and the assignment you had to do about the Old Republic, but here you are, reading about the Old Republic all night," 

"I was just thinking about something and thoughts the texts could answer it," I lied.

"And what were you thinking about?" Obi-wan prodded.

"Do you know anything about the people in the Old Republic?" I blurted out suddenly.

Obi-wan looked slightly taken aback but then shook his head.

"No one knows any exact names of the Jedi in the Old Republic, why do you want to know?" 

"It's nothing, just a dream thing," I lied.

Obi-wan sighed but he could tell I didn't want to talk about it anymore and dropped the subject, at least for now.

"Have you heard from Ahsoka?" he asked.

I swore in Huttese as I realised I didn't have my wrist comm on me and left it in my apartment.

"I gotta go, thanks Obi-wan, bye," I called already running towards the exit.

"Anakin!" Obi-wan shouted.

I ignored him and ran out of the library and back towards my apartment to see if Ahsoka had tried to contact me.