Chapter 2

Okay so even though I was pretty new on here when I started this story, I actually got feedback on it so I figure: why not try another part? Even though I have a bit of writer's block when it comes to this story. Basically, I want my stories to be read and hopefully voted so if you get a chance, check out my other ones? It'd mean a lot to me. Okay, thank you. Bye:)

xxxxx

Ember hadn't been anywhere to be found the next morning. Normally, this would have excited me, but to be honest, I was terrified. I knew that this was probably one of her tricks to scare me like she had been wanting, but, it worked. As I explored my large Victorian home that day, I'd constantly look all around me, vigilant, my eyes peeled for any sudden movement or anything that looked weird or out of place. Damn her. I was afraid to be in my own house.

It was complete silence as I had made my breakfast, shortly after taking a seat on my sofa, playing on my phone and checking my unread text messages. I take a spoonful of Lucky Charms and put it into my mouth.

Hey darling, Daddy and I won't be home til late 2nite. Love you. Mom xx

Hey stranger! Wanna hit the mall l8r? -Sarah

Still nothing from Kale. Something was totally up. I sigh in frustration, typing a "yeah, sure" to Sarah. Even though I wasn't too fond of her, I sure as hell didn't want to be alone in this house all day. Especially while watching my back for Ember. Where the hell was she?

I quickly finish my breakfast and head upstairs to change. Sarah said she would be here in about 15 minutes. I settle on my dark skinny jeans, converse, and a light blue halter top. It was safe, nothing too special. I brushed my hair to get rid of the tangles and let it drop down my shoulders. I rarely wore makeup, so I just added a light cream eyeshadow and a touch of lipstick, before heading downstairs when I heard Sarah's jeep pull in.

My hand is at the door when I hear a whisper behind me. I whip around, and guess who I am face to face with. Myself, only, it isn't myself. My new form is distorted, my normal light blue eyes were almost a hazel green. My expression was darker, almost not human.

"Where are you going?" She demands, hands on her hips. I almost laugh out loud; who was she, my mother?

"Out with Sarah," I say simply, trying to move.away from her. But instead, she advances in front of me. I couldn't even move if I wanted to.

"Get away from me," I say, my voice now high pitched. She was really intimidating when she wanted to be.

But she simply smiles at me, hunger in her dark eyes. She thought this was funny. She thought this was a game.

"What's the matter, Taryn?" She challenges. "You afraid?"

"No," I scoff, lying. You could tell I was too, my voice always squeaked when I lied. I cleared my throat as Sarah had beeped her horn once again. Ember didn't move.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I answer it, Ember grinning sheepishly at me.

"Hey, girl, I'll be right out. Ember just wanted to..talk to me about something." Nice save, I think to myself.

"Okay, hurry up! I need to get gas."

I hang up and release a sigh. "Okay, what do you want, Ember? I have to go. You're holding me up for no reason at all, other than you just love to ruin my day. Don't you have anything better to do with your life?"

"Oh, Taryn, you break my heart when you say things like that." She says dramatically, smirk plastered on her face. "You go have fun with Sarah. I'll be here when you get back."

Finally, she squeezes past me, her head whipping around so she can make a kissy face at me. I roll my eyes, finally opening my house door and slamming it behind me, with as much force as I can muster. I get into Sarah's jeep and I'm out of breath, although only taking less than 20 steps to the car from my house.

"You okay?" Sarah asks as she pulls out of my driveway. I nod, even though I was unsure myself.

"Ember's just a lot to handle," I say simply, almost laughing out loud. If only she knew.

Sarah nods her head as she fumbles with the dial on the radio. "I've never gotten the pleasure of meeting her," She says, as she settles on Foster The People. "But from what you've told me, you say I wouldn't want to."

"Believe me," I say, holding up my hand. "You really don't want to."

"She can't be that bad. She's your sister. Not a monster."

But she was. "I love this song," I try to change the topic, and but Sarah continues her rambling. I really didn't like her.

"Seriously, Taryn, I'd be so happy to have a sister. And you guys are the same age. Twins! I'd have soo much fun with that. You guys can fool people, and normally twins should be so close! I once read that---"

"Goddamn Sarah, give it a rest, will you?" I snap, growing more and more irritated by the minute. "Don't act like you understand about Ember and I's relationship, cause you don't. She's absolutely awful, and the only thing she wants is to see me miserable. She's a bad person, and I'm so sick of me being the only person who can see it. I don't want to talk about her anymore, okay? I normally just try to shut out all thoughts of her completely."

Sarah is silent as she takes in all that I'm saying, and clears her throat. "Taryn, don't be offended when I ask this, but have you ever considered going to a shrink?"