"So, you can choose your mate?"

She nodded, "Yes, you can,"

Jared cleared his throat and then, said, "You can't choose an imprint if that was what you were wondering,"

She let out a light chuckle, "I have a feeling you wouldn't want me to be your imprint if you could have a choice, Jared,"

He winced, knowing that was very true. He felt bad for some reason, he knew that those words hurt her and he didn't want her to be sad so he said, "To be honest, I would have had you not be a Cold One,"

"I know," she gave him a small smile, "So, do you want to spend some more time talking about this and learning more about each other or do you want to go?"

He thought about it for a moment, "Let's take a walk, I'd love to learn something about you,"

And so, they did. They talked and walked for hours. It made her happy because by the time they were done, school was definitely over. She had missed all of her classes and she didn't have anything to do for the rest of the day which was the reason why their little meeting lasted a lot longer than they had hoped for.

After a few hours of walking around, always on her side of the treaty, they started walking in silence. It wasn't like they had nothing to talk about. It was just they felt better just walking for now. They didn't want to rush whatever this was.

After a while, when the sun started to set, Jared had to leave for his turn on patrol duty and she made him promise to meet up with her soon. By the time he was gone, she realized she hadn't given him her phone number. Great, now we won't be able to meet without passing the treaty line and alerting the other, she thought.

The thing though, was that she did want to talk to someone about this and so, that's what she did. Talking with Carlisle and making sure no one else from her family would listen was going to be difficult inside their house which was why the next day – after making sure to avoid Edward at all costs – she visited him at the hospital during lunchtime. She could see people giving her odd glances as she moved towards his office but she only gave them a small smile and continued walking.

Her adoptive father didn't look up from the paper he was signing as she walked in without knocking but she knew he had heard and smelt her arrive there so it didn't matter. She sat on one of the chairs across him and crossed her legs as she thought over how she wanted to start this conversation.

"Wow, this is the longest time you've kept quiet. You usually hum a song, murmur under your breath and oh, so many things but now, silence. Which is how I know that what you have in your mind must be very important," He stopped whatever he was doing, placing everything back in its original place before he turned his full attention to her. He leaned back on his chair, his bright blond hair gelled back away from his golden eyes and she couldn't help but smile at him.

Carlisle was beautiful, there was no denying that but she always thought of him as a father, a better father than the one she had before. And she would be eternally grateful for that.

"Um, so I may have some news to tell you..."

He hummed, gesturing for her to go on, "Good or bad?"

"Depends," she stated, "I am... It's difficult to say, ugh!"

Carlisle let out a small laugh, "You can tell me only if you truly want to sweetheart. I won't judge you; you know that!"

Cassandra nodded, "I know but saying this will makes this true and I still think I'm just imagining all of this. Like I'm just stuck in my head like I always am, you understand?"

"Yeah, I know what you're talking about," He nodded, "I love that about you. You still have dreams in some sort of way and that's really good. I am a little jealous sometimes of your imagination and your ability to still have some sort of humanity in this life,"

She laughed, "I'm sure,"

He gestured her to continue again. She, for no apparent reason, took a deep breath, "I'm a wolf's imprint,"

By the way, his eyes widened a bit, she could tell he was shocked. To be honest, so was she when she found out.

"Now, that's going to be difficult to explain to your siblings,"

Oh, how she dreaded the moment Rosalie found out.