21. ✭ ain't it the life

Start from the beginning

"She's right, man. Let's just wait until we get home to make a start on the new album" Tommy smiled at me and I gave him a little nod, noticing the way that Nikki just stared at the two of us.

I really thought that he knew about us, and whenever it was just me, Nikki and Tommy, I was constantly on pins. I never knew what would come up and, under the influence of any substance,we were all different people...Tommy and I were both carefree when fucked up, oversharing and whatnot, and Nikki was just the biggest jerk ever...and a little scary, too.

But that day, when we left the diner and headed back to the hotel, was pretty nice.

Before we had left to get something to eat, Vince burst through the door to let us know that Beth was "ready to push", and that he was getting live updates from her mom--which was surprising, seeing as that woman loathed him with every fiber of her being and swore that, as long as she lived, Vince would never get the satisfaction of knowing her grandchild.

I quickly pulled on my dress as Nikki fiddled with the laces on his pants, both of us rushing because we had heard Tommy and Vince outside with Mick, and weren't too keen on any of them seeing us in the state that we were in.

"Hey" Vince poked his head around the door just as Nikki got to it, breathing a sigh of relief to see us both decent "guess who's a dad again..."

A tear immediately escaped my eye and I headed over to him, smiling softly and pecking his cheek while he wrapped me up in his arms, sniffling into my shoulder.

"I'm so happy for you, Vince. Congratulations sweetie."

When I pulled away, Nikki wrapped an arm around me and kissed the top of my head as my eyes still flooded with happy tears. "Did you guys name her yet?"

"Yep" Vince smiled down at me, sniffling a bit "Elizabeth. Or Elle for short."

"Oh, that's so beautiful" I pouted and looked to Nikki, noticing him smile, and then straight back to Vince. "I can't wait to meet her."

"You and me both, Chris. You and me both."

It was such a bittersweet moment, Beth and Vince having their daughter, because we all knew how Vince really felt about the mother of his child...but it was so lovely to see the way he was reacting, how happy he was that a new life had been brought into the world, how his little girl was happy and healthy at home with her mom.

A few hours of Vince gushing about the baby, talking to Beth, and drinking whatever we had in the hotel room, passed by fairly quickly, and we all decided to head out to 'celebrate' the birth of his daughter--but, we all knew that was just an excuse to get completely obliterated. And, as always, I had absolutely no problem with that.

Nikki passed out a bill to the each of us with a grin, motioning to the table that was littered with lines upon lines of cocaine. "Knock yourselves out."

"We probably will" I furrowed my brows before licking my lips, concentrating on lining up the dollar bill with the smack in front of me "this load could probably take out an elephant--"

"--and that's the whole point. To get massively fucked up" he smiled down at me and I just nodded.

Tommy glanced at me and mouthed "you don't need to do that" but I shook my head, trying to go unnoticed by Nikki. But that, as expected, failed.