16. ✭ love bites

Doug leaned into my side and whispered; "are they high right now?" I nodded back to him, discreetly, in an attempt for our conversation to go unnoticed by Doc. "Fuck. Alright, it's fine, you can't tell unless Sixx takes his shades off."

"They're all out of it--" I got cut off when Tommy began to laugh, and my heart almost fell out of my ass before I realized that he was only laughing at whatever the interviewer had said.

"I mean, I'm high, but I'm not that high." I rubbed my nose, being reminded that there could've been cocaine residue leftover on my face, and it'd be extremely hypocritical of me to talk about those guys being high if there was.

"So, Nikki, are you currently seeing anyone?" I raised my brow, beginning to take interest in whatever was about to be said, and Doug inhaled sharply.

He took much too long to respond for my liking, but just as I was about to head for the doors, he chirped up and started to nod.

"Yep, I'm taken. Sorry ladies," he winked at the camera and I rolled my eyes at the smug grin he sent my way.

"You're all tied down?" She gasped when they all started to nod, although she was just as sure as everyone else that just because they were 'tied down' didn't mean that they were all being faithful to their women--and I knew that Nikki probably wasn't an exception, but he was well aware of what would happen if he fucked up.

"I'm married, Mick is casually seeing someone, and Nikki and T-bone both have girlfriends. So, yeah. We're taken." Vince sounded defeated, though he played it off with a little smile.

"That's a shame." She shot her glance at Nikki, and I could feel my stomach churning just at the way he stared back at her. "But anyway, let's talk about this tour with Ozzy!"

The rest of that interview was just Doc and Doug on pins because neither one of them knew what was about to be said, and how I'd react to my boyfriend 'unintentionally' flirting with the hot blonde journalist sat in front of him.

The entire time the guys were talking, I couldn't shift the thought of Beth being home alone and pregnant, and I felt so bad about not calling her to see how she was.

"That bitch!" I huffed, slamming down the phone when Nikki walked into the bedroom in nothing but a towel. "She just fucking hung up on me!"

"Who?" He asked when he dropped the towel and headed towards the vanity where his pants were lazily slung "Beth?"

"Yes, Beth. She answered, I said 'hey', and the second she heard my voice she said 'fuck you' and hung up!"

Nikki just shrugged and turned to face me with a stale expression, not giving a single shit about what I'd just said.

"She cut you out for a reason, Chris. She doesn't want to talk to you, big deal. Not like you bothered with her much after we started dating anyways."

"I know, but she's still my friend, I still want to make sure she's okay--you know because she's pregnant and her husband doesn't seem to care all that much."

"And that's his problem," he stated, tying the strings up on his pants. "Just leave it alone. If she wants to talk, she'll reach out to you. Stop letting her get to you because it's bringing me down."