Ꮯhᥲρtꫀɾ 𝟚: Terms of Service

"Oh, it is good to be back! I kind of missed this shithole," the demon exclaimed, stretching his arms with a yawn. He was still clothed from head-to-toe in the same attire he had last been seen in by the family: his worn-down striped suit, his green and black tie, his dark brown shoes. This time, he was wearing an aged gray overcoat, but for the most part, he looked like he hadn't even changed clothes in years.

    "Beetlejuice," Lydia growled, not sounding welcoming of his presence in the slightest, "what the hell are you doing here?"

    "What am I doing here?" He repeated with a smirk on his face. Then, he had to stop to think, as if his purpose for teleporting into their home had evaded his mind. "Actually, that's a good question, kiddo. I kinda forgot-- OH! I remember now, but you're not gonna like it."

    She hissed, "What? Gonna try to marry me again?"

    The demon shook his head. "I mean, not unless you're open to it, baby." He winked seductively before turning to her family. "Wait, she's legal now, isn't she? Am I allowed to say that? I mean, not that that ever stopped me, but--"

    "Shut. Up," the blonde girl barked at him.

    "Sorry. Sorry. No, not here to marry you this time, unfortunately, but that was fun. I am here because of you. Entirely different business, though."

    Barbara stepped up, protectively asking, "Like what?"

    He snapped his fingers. "Glad you asked. I'm here to... stop Lydia from getting in that car!"

    Lydia looked to the stripe-clad demon with a mix of anger and confusion. Adam, going against his typical quiet nature, questioned, "What? Why?"

    "Oh, long time, no see, Sexy!" He made finger guns at the shy ghost who had decided to speak up. "Wouldn't you love to know?" He teasingly answered. "Well, how's about this? I'll tell Lydia, in private, and then, from there, she can decide if she wants to tell you or not."

    "You are not speaking to Lydia in private," Charles objected, immediately shutting down that idea. Unsure how to even address the demon, he said, "Mr. ... Juice, it'd be best if you just went back to where you came from and left my daughter alone."

    "Yeah, not a chance," Beetlejuice condescendingly replied with a laugh. "Think of it this way: either you let me talk to Lydia one-on-one or she dies."

    "What?" Asked Barbara sharply. "Is that a threat?"

    "No! Not a threat. I'd never do such a thing," he denied with an overexaggerated tone, acting offended. "Nope. Not a threat at all, actually. Just a fact, Babs."

    Adam, not seeming to believe whatsoever that it wasn't a threat because BJ's phrasing was ridiculously vague, pleaded, "Please. She was just leaving for college. Beetlejuice, that's a huge deal. How about you just... step aside and let her go off? Whatever you need to do, I'm sure you could settle it with us--"

    "Heh. Nope. Again, I specifically came to prevent her from getting in that car," he firmly rejected the man's suggestion.

    Becoming more agitated, he asked, "But why? I don't understand!"

    Beetlejuice rolled his eyes. "Oh, Adam, Adam, Adam." He placed his hand lightly on the man's shoulder. "You're adorable when you're clueless." Disgusted, Adam stepped backwards and shrugged the demon's hand off. "You aren't very bright, now, are ya?" The demon continued. "Like I said, just let me have a few minutes alone with Lydia. That's all I ask. Then, you'll have all the answers you need."

    Before anyone could utter a single word of disagreement, the teenager spoke up. "I'll do it."

    Everyone else present in the room was vehemently opposed to the very concept. Leaving her alone with him, after everything that he'd done to violate her trust. "Lydia, no!" Objected Barbara, worry seeping into her voice. "It's dangerous."