Aftermath

This was the first shower I had in over two weeks that wasn't as cold as outside currently was. There was so much steam in here I could barely see my own reflection, but the warm water was a much nicer compromise. I felt five again, drawing pictures in the condensation on the glass panes, swirls and shapes.

My five minute timer buzzed, for the first time in a little while I felt myself reluctant to jump out, but I knew I'd have to or the annoying sound would continue. With a great huff I turned off the water and hopped out, after turning off the phone I began to dab at my hair in small patches, drying it off in sections. I turned on my playlist of songs and started my morning routine, I began to wrap my towel around my body when I heard a knock at the door.

"Hang on I'm just changing real quick," I called out, skipping most of my tasks but remembering to throw on a set of sweats and a jumper. I walked out towards the door and peered through the crack, ah, Tobin.

I opened the door up, Tobin was soaked from head to toe, she had water droplets collecting on her chin and clinging to her clothes. "Hey, uh, I locked myself out of my room, and I got soaked on my morning run. Could I please borrow your shower to warm back up?" She asked, awkwardly shuffling her feet to keep warm. She had a dry gym bag with her, she must have called into the campus gym before coming up.

"Of course, you must be freezing!" I answered, dragging her in by the sleeves of her jumper. "Go get warm, I'll leave a towel out the front of the door for you," I added, motioning to the bathroom where I had been minutes earlier. She nodded and disappeared into the bathroom, clicking the door closed with a soft clink. I flopped onto my bed and turned on the T.V to the morning news station.

I hadn't really expected to see her so soon since our hike, but I wasn't so mad about it. She was one of the nicest people I'd met, after I stopped running from her like a child. The pipes rattled in the walls as the water began to flow again, I hadn't realised how noisy it was from out here before. My mind was flickering with happy memories of building snowmen at the top of a snowy mountain, friendly banter and a warm campfire.

Time passed without much happening, Thursday's were slow, but not this slow. I stared at my phone screen for a little while, hoping for some social interaction, but apparently nobody else was awake at this hour, except the birds and Tobin.

I heard the bathroom door crack open and immediately turned around so I wouldn't see Tobin. I stared out the window for a little while, appreciating a little bird fluttering at the top of a tree. Assuming she had picked up the towel and gone back into the bathroom I turned back around toward the T.V again. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a little golden glow, the bathroom door was open just a little, I wanted to turn away but I couldn't. Tobin had the towel wrapped around her torso but her entire chest was bare in the mirror, her muscle covered back was facing me, glistening with water drops.

I gulped deep and turned back to the T.V, yet I looked back again. In the mirror I could see her entire top half, her skin was tanned the whole way up, except for a faint line where a bikini would sit. I couldn't stop myself from looking further, her breasts were sitting bare in the cold air, I felt a little saliva pool in my mouth. My eyes trailed down again, her abs were the most toned things I had ever seen. I tore my eyes away again, heart pounding a million miles an hour.

I heard a rustle coming from the bathroom, despite my better judgement I looked around again. Tobin had taken the towel off of her lower body and had begun to dry her upper half, swiping at her chest, circling around her breasts and up to her collarbones. My eyes followed the towel until I realised what it was covering was no longer covered. My eyes traversed down her back, her supple figure curving in all the right places, I couldn't believe my eyes. So much tanned skin, I thought that there'd be a similar bikini line on her behind, but there wasn't, she was tanned the same the entire way down.