제 01 장. Inspiration

Start from the beginning

There was a moment of silence filled in the office. This has been my biggest fear, to fail the company, well I guess I failed to meet their expectations for me. I have nothing to say, I feel so useless right now.

Someone clears a throat, "It might be unnecessary to question Miss Jang of her lacks. But please be thoughtful, I'm quiet sure that she can do a way to gain more readers and reach the peak of expected numbers of readers by the following month." I slowly look back when Seung-Min spoke up for me.

"There is nothing we can do about having it by next month, Seung-Min. Remember, the company is suffering now because of lack of shares and now this is happening. We must always bare in mind that we are underrated publishing company and now... I can say that we're going bankrupt."

Another silence filled the area. Bankrupt, the word that I don't want to hear.

Mr. Park washes his face using his palm, "If there is only something we could do to fix this problem."

"Then why don't we use other employees' works to gain back our income?" Seung-Min suggested as Mr. Park shakes his head, "Even if we wanted to, no one will buy and read it. No one is interested. We, the members of the board have already discussed about this problem and even if we wanted to do more sells, we just can't because of insufficient stocks."

For the third time, silence filled the room.

No. I can't let this company go bankrupt just because of my works that went flop. I can't let this company go and turn into waste and nothing because of me! Even if this company is underrated, there is still a way to keep our records go steady.

"You better pack up your things up, kids. Director Choi told me that, plus, this company is in debt with the other entertainment, which doubles and increases the possibility of bankrupt. Poor Director Choi will be unable to give us our salary for this month either. I think there will be no more ways for us to—"

"No." I cut him off before he could finish his sentence. I saw Mr. Park crease his forehead, "What do you mean by 'no'?"

"No, because there's still a way. No, because I believe we can gain back our income. No, because I know that this is just a challenge for us. No, because I can't let this company go. No, because... Even if you all lost your hope for this company... Then I'm not! I still believe that there is a way for us to rise this up again."

Seung-Min stares at you from behind as his lips curve into a smile. At this point, he's very proud of you that you finally spoke the words in your heart. He is very proud of you to have courage to speak your opinion and did not stay silent.

Mr. Park raised a brow, "Then, what are you going to do?" I look at him straight in the eyes. I don't know what I'm doing, I don't even have an idea of what to do. What should I do?

"Uh.." I stutter without removing my gaze off of General Manager Park.

"I'll make a story again!" With what I said, Mr. Park rolls his eyes and facepalm. This is a habit of his' whenever he disagrees a thing.

"My goodness, Sunny! We don't have any time for that! The company will be closing by next mo—"

"A month!"

"Huh?" Both Mr. Park and Seung-Min ask in confusion. I raise my index finger, "A month is all I need to find some inspirations, make a story, and gain back the company's loss."

"What? What are you thinking? It's impossible! Next month will also be the due of the company's debt and clo—"

"Let her do her will, Park Yong-Su." We all shifted our attention by the door as Director Choi came in. Out of shock, we all bow in respect.