Chapter 17// Moonlit Dancing

Start from the beginning

"Yep I'm totally good. I mean I was upset, very much so, but if the love wasn't there it wasn't there. Besides I think I like someone else."

"Oooh, please tell." I say intrigued.

"Oh no it's still early stages, but I'll tell you if anything actually starts happening." She tucks her blond hair behind her ear and smiles to herself.

"What about you B? Any romantic interests?" I turn to Bailey.

"No, not for me. After what I've watched you go through, I've decided guys are way too much trouble. I think I'm just gonna stay single thanks." She giggles softly.

"So what have you got planned for us this afternoon Em?" Claire asks brightly.

"I uh, I actually don't have anything planned." I say awkwardly and she laughs.

"I didn't expect you too dummy. Shall we just play some tunes?"

I nod and walk over to my portable speakers that sit upon my set of drawers. I plug in my phone and press play then walk back over and sit down on the bed again with the others.

"So where is Isaac today?" I question to make conversation. They exchange a glance before Bailey replies:

"Oh..... he is.... just hanging around with some mates of his." She shrugs.

Am I missing something here? Why do I get the feeling everyone is up to something?

I nod and then mouth the lyrics to the song that's playing.

"Oh Emily!" Bailey outbursts over the music.

"Uh yes?"

"I have an idea. We should........do each others makeup." She smiles suggestively.

Bailey? Wanting to do each others makeup?

"Um. Bailey are you feeling ok?" Claire puts her hand to Bailey's forehead pretending to check her temperature.

"I'm fine Claire." She says through her teeth, "Why don't we do Emily's makeup first." Then she nudges Claire with her knee.

"Oh yes, good idea." Claire agrees.

Ok this is creeping me out.

*****

"All done!" Exclaims Claire as she steps back to admire her work. I turn to face the mirror.

"Wow." is all I can say. I actually do look really good.

Natural foundation and mascara with sophisticated eye liner top and bottom. Add a bit of lip gloss and my hair done nicely and I could be having tea with the queen.

"So who's next?" I ask.

"Oh no, would u look at the time. We really must be going." Bailey says hugging me.

"What? Really?" I ask confusedly.

"Yeah yeah we both have things to do. We'll see you later, have a nice night." Claire smiles as they leave my room with a wave.

What the heck?!

My mum comes into my room shortly after holding a black hanger bag. She can't stop smiling as she lays it on the bed.

"Sweetie, I need you to put this on. Then do your hair nicely and come downstairs." She orders contently.

"Um, Mum? What's going on?"

"You'll see." She winks. Then leaves my room again. I get up and unzip the bag.

Oh my god.