forty-five ; girlfriend

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter forty-fivegirlfriend

chapter forty-five ━ girlfriend

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ will you be. . . ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

EVEN AFTER BEING semi-threatened by her mother, Melody continued going about her daily life, not going after Rebekah. She told herself that maybe she needed some time and space to think through everything that happened between them. After all, it had been a lot to digest. They had a date and then kissed. Melody hadn't kissed anyone in years, let alone put her lips on a female's before. It had been nice though and she desperately wanted it to happen again, craved it really. But she also didn't want to jump to conclusions or rush Rebekah.

So she waited, rather impatiently, considering that she would pace in her bedroom at the compound, thinking and worrying. Her insecurities were practically crushing her. The only thing on her mind was the blonde. What if the kiss really was terrible? What if she didn't know how to tell her that? Should she just go after her and ask her out on another date? Were they even dating? Or were they just friends? So many questions and no answer. It was frustrating to her because never once had she thought so deeply about something before, not once. And yet here she was, her mind drowning.

About a week passed before something happened. Melody was in her room, watching Netflix from her laptop, a bowl of popcorn in front of her. She couldn't stand rom-com or comedy shows, so she usually stuck to crime-type movies and tv shows. At the moment she was watching Sherlock, her mind completely and utterly focused on the screen in front of her, unaware that a certain Original was lingering outside her door which was open just a crack. So when there was a knock, she jumped a little, shocked by the sudden sound. The door slowly opened, revealing Rebekah.

The show was instantly forgotten as Melody sat up, pausing it quickly.

"Hey," she greeted lamely, her smile weak, nervous.

Rebekah returned the smile with a more confident one, walking into the room. She pointed to the bed. "Can I sit?" The brunette nodded, scooting over to make room for her. She sat down with her, barefoot, sporting a silk white shirt, a black leather jacket, and tight black jeans. She looked gorgeous as per usual. "I just wanted to apologize for avoiding you. The date was amazing and um. . .so was the kiss. I got nervous that's all. But I was wondering if you'd maybe like to do it again, sometime?"

Melody grinned and nodded again, feeling relief flood her body. "Yeah, yeah, I would love that. Same place, same time?" Rebekah agreed, already getting up to leave and by the slight shakiness she had, the younger female concluded that she was anxious.

Right as Rebekah put her hand on the doorknob, Melody blurted out, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

The Original slowly turned, a blush coating her cheeks. "Yeah, I would love to be your girlfriend." Then she smiled brightly, leaving the room, shutting the door gently behind her.

Melody waited until she was gone before she silently cheered, pumping her fist in the air, doing a little dance on the bed. She grabbed her phone, going to text her dad to tell him the news. And the smile never left her face.