4: November 11th

Monday
9:29 am

I lay on my back staring at the concrete ceiling of the cell, counting the little dips and dimples in the uneven application of the wet material. It was something I partook in most mornings when nothing of significance really happened.

A morning in Arkham usually consisted of an orderly waking one up at eight to take the days medicine, so one couldn't even sleep in. Then one would be handed a clean uniform whilst uniform from the day before was stripped off and taken to be washed. There was two uniforms per patient - the one being worn and the one that was currently being washed. No underwear was permitted to be worn as some of the patients had used them to choke out others, and the ones that had issues with body fluids were forced to wear diapers anyway. It didn't bother me as I wasn't a stranger to nudity or very close to so, but I could see it being invasive to other patients, male or female.

Then breakfast was brought at around nine, consisting of a polystyrene plate of coagulated eggs and cold toast. I knew though it took at least five minutes to walk to my cell from the kitchen, it was cold when it left their double white doors.

I could probably survive just as well without this crappy breakfast down me and so I pushed the plate to one side. My ears were sensitive from hours of silence, as the Warden has decided to take my record player away due to me leaving food as she took it as a form of peaceful protest. Due to this I caught the creaking of footsteps before the security door opened.

"Isley, get up." a female voice sounded, different to the door guard's Jersey accent. This one had a clear spoken Metropolitan accent; I wondered why someone from a place as classy as Metropolis would want to get a job as lousy as security guard in a town as lousy as Gotham.

I grunted, albeit I got up from my position and stood straight, automatically putting my hands on the circles on the wall. There I waited until the Metropolitan guard passed through the two doors and entered my cell, where I noticed her quick grimace at the smell of the cell. I was always here so I didn't smell it anymore but when I was fresh faced I couldn't bear the smell of the extra powerful defoliant, as well as it's effects: it stunk like damp.

She stood behind me and pulled my arms behind me before handcuffing them. I was almost never handcuffed because I was never let out of my cell, not even for injections or doctors appointments, however today was different. I was dragged by my shoulder out of the cell and my body visibly shivered at the feeling of an actual breeze on my skin.

"You gonna be alright with her?" the door guard asked the guard holding me, before the latter let out a chuckle.

"She's weak without her other plants, plus I work out over a dozen hours a week. I could handle her no problem." the latter answered, pulling me to the security doors that lead out of my separate room.

Only one guard? Hmph. They sorely underestimated me, and realistically I could seduce this female guard and make a run for it, however I didn't trust myself to get far enough on my own. Plus if they caught me this time the security around me would double again, and it was already bad enough. Still, I had them thinking I could be safely transported with one female guard, that was good.

"Where are we going?" I asked the woman as we entered the Level 4 corridor, to the commotion of several of the inmates in the cells. Some of these people hadn't seen a woman in a long while, never mind if I was ill and withered looking.

The guard's name badge read Sam. "To join the rest of your sort." she replied bluntly. "Doctor's orders."

I rolled my eyes until I heard her continue; Doctor? Could she be referring to Dr Quinzel? I decided not to retort with anything and simply held my silence as we kept walking. We turned a corner and without leaving the Level 4 we came to a rather plain door with an old plate sign that read 'Recreation Room'.