1. Monday Mornings

♡ Chapter 1 ♡

~~~~

I think you're really cute!♡

The little note left in Changbin's locker was short and sweet; a burst of pink balancing on the mass of textbooks and his PE kit that had been shoved in there the week before. 

It was a Monday, 08:27 in the morning, and much, much too early for Changbin to really process what was there. So, instead of allowing himself time to properly acknowledge the note, he (gently) shoved it into his pocket, and started grabbing the textbooks he'd need for the day with a sigh.

________________________

Maths was a subject Changbin was good at, and sure, he may have found it more bearable than his other subjects, but that didn't mean that having it first thing in the morning wasn't an absolute drag. The fact that they were going through a test this lesson was even worse. One blessing today, however, was that the teacher had her back to the class the majority of the time, and to Changbin, this was a golden opportunity.

An opportunity to sleep, that is. Head resting on the arms, he was on the verge of dozing off, when the classroom door swung open with a bang against the wall. His eyes snapped open, but shut, unbothered, as someone hurriedly walked to the back of the room and sat down in the chair next to his.

"-the trains, Miss, sorry." A bag was dumped onto the table, and Changbin felt the impact through the table, sighing.

"-Ask Changbin to go through the questions you missed-Changbin?!" At the mention of his name, he looked up and held the teacher's gaze wordlessly, almost daring her to comment on his tiredness. She sighed, evidently disappointed, but moved on, and Changbin flicked back to the beginning of his test, sliding it between him and the person next to him. Head on his arms, he was just about to fall asleep, when he felt a small tap on his elbow. He shuffled a bit, thinking he'd accidentally been bumped into, and tried to relax again, when he felt yet another tap. 

"Yeah?" He murmured, almost wincing at the hopeful puppy eyes that Lee Felix, the new kid, was giving him. He had their tests open in front of him, and Changbin couldn't help but feel pity for him as he pointed desperately at a threatening 0 he had gotten for a 5-mark question, of all things.

"What should I do??" Felix asked, eyes flickering over the numerous red question marks the teacher had written around his working out, which, if Changbin was honest, did look a bit... all over the place.

"Hold up, pass it here." He sat up and read over Felix's work. Though it wasn't what they'd learned in class, it did manage to get him the right answer. Wait, the right answer? "How'd you work this out?" Felix looked over, and took a moment to think, before giving an awkward laugh.

"I didn't really know what to do, cos I kinda forgot to revise? So I just kinda kept adding and subtracting stuff until the answer looked okay?"

Changbin blinked, looking down at the paper. Upon looking carefully at the scribbles on Felix's test, it did indeed seem to be pure luck that led to him getting the right answer. 

"Try and ask for one more mark; you got the right answer at least." He suggested, not really knowing what else to say, and before Felix could reply, put his head back on the table. He shuffled around, trying to get comfortable, when he heard a crinkle in his pocket. Oh, the note.

Slowly, he slid it out of his pocket, flattening it out and gazing at it. It was pastel pink, and the handwriting was slightly scruffy compared to the neatness of the little heart drawn next to it.

I think you're really cute!♡

He felt himself smile, someone thought he was cute. And there was a little heart.