4. Wild Guesses

♡ Chapter 4 ♡

~~~~

"Knows you exist."

Felix whispered, waiting eagerly for a reply. Changbin, however, was still in shock from the suspense that'd been built up. Wait, so from all of that Felix had managed to come up with an actual guess for who might've given him the note?

"Oh wait, I'm sorry, that sounded way too harsh!" Changbin realised he'd been zoning out. Did Felix mean the knowing he existed thing? He wasn't sure, but whatever it was, didn't really bother him. 

"It's good, but wait, Minho?"

Felix nodded, face serious as he tapped his pen against the paper.

"Yeah, Minho! I mentioned you a little bit at practice today -only about you helping me with maths don't worry-" Felix clarified upon seeing the hint of surprise on Changbin's face. "And he got super excited like "Oh yes Changbin! He's cool!" with a really big smile on his face!"

Changbin was a bit confused, and not quite convinced. "Yeah, I used to have some classes with him ages ago. But wait, is that the only reason why you think it might be him?" He did appreciate the compliment, but it didn't feel like a worthy reason to secretly give a note to him.

"Nuh uh," Felix shook his head, "Don't forget the fact that he uses Febreze as deodorant." That had slipped his mind. "Plus, it was so strong that it managed to stay on the note the whole school day... which is very Minho."

"Yeah, that's pretty impressive... But Minho, seriously? He's way out of my lea-" Felix shushed aggressively, cutting Changbin off. Their eyes met, and Felix sighed, almost in disappointment, before he reached up and (gently) smacked Changbin on the head.

"Nope, you are not going to finish that thought."

"Alright, alright, fair enough" He said, hands raised in surrender.

Footsteps approached their aisle, and Felix leaned back into his beanbag, looking up at the librarian, who had started putting books into the shelves quietly.

"Boys, I'll be closing up in a few, so you might want to start packing up." They gave her a polite smile, and started tidying away. Changbin wasn't entirely sure if he had imagined the glance she had given the mind map Felix had drawn, or the knowing smile she had let slip, but he got up without a word anyway, following Felix out of the library.

---

The sun had set by the time the two left school. Felix was humming a tune, eyes sparkling as he gazed up at the stars, while Changbin was taking the liberty of keeping him from walking into things, while also trying not to pull him out of his daydreams. The music playing through Changbin's headphones was soothing, and even the harsh light of the streetlights had a comforting feel to them.

"Felix? You're pretty cool." Changbin said. He hadn't been planning on breaking the silence between them at all, but the smile Felix gave him was a pleasant surprise, and completely worth it.

"Thanks Changbin, and no you." Felix's voice echoed through the empty streets, which seemed as if they stretched as far as the eye could see. "We should probably head home for now." He added on as an afterthought.

"Yeah, we should." There was something about the way the lampposts shone in the dark that made everything feel surreal, but Felix walked with a bounce in his step, unbothered. Soon enough, the bus stop came into view. They shared a glance, and dashed towards it, Felix letting out a cheer as he smacked his hand against its side just moments before Changbin.

"Changbin, by the way, do you wanna come to dance practice with me tomorrow? You don't have to actually take part or anything, but it might help with the investigation?" Felix asked, out of breath, but with a playful tone. Changbin faltered for a second; he'd forgotten that that was an option, and it was a pretty good idea too! Though...

"Would it be chill if I brought my homework? I need to write an essay for history, that's due for like, right after lunch..."

"I mean, I should probably tell you to do your homework when you get home, but mood." Felix gave a sympathetic smile, and leaned against the bus stop. "That's fine, some people turn up just to do that, you know?"

Changbin's bus would be arriving in just a few minutes. Letting the tension ease out of his shoulders, he sat down at the bus stop, swinging his feet to and fro. Felix, meanwhile, was on his phone as they waited, eyebrows furrowing as he typed away rapidly on his phone.

"You good?" Changbin asked, as Felix shifted his weight from leg to the other as he typed. The other looked up, almost in shock, before giving him a grin.

"Yeah, just my parents, I kinda forgot to let them know I was staying late." He said, and Changbin nodded, having been in that situation a few times himself.

The silence between the two boys was comfortable, as they waited for their respective buses. Changbin's was the first to arrive, practically empty despite it only being around an hour since the school day had ended. 

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Felix said, giving him a thumbs up, and Changbin nodded, getting onto the bus. Felix was waving enthusiastically at him, and once Changbin had sat down, started making faces at him through the window. Changbin waved back, as the bus started moving away.

It was only when the bus had reached the main roads, that the exhaustion from the school day hit him.He didn't manage to get that nap during Maths, in the end. Pulling his bag up onto his lap, he curled up and leaned his head on it, taking a moment to recall the day. He'd talked with some people he hadn't really before, and even made a new friend... 

Feeling the tiredness catching up to him, he closed his eyes, mind hazy.

For just a Monday, it had been a pretty good day.

~~~~

And that's chapter 4!

Song of the chapter - Flower Shower - HyunA

(heads up, sometimes these songs won't match the theme of the chapter, like, at all lmao)

Friendship! I like writing it!

~ Nuki ^__^