Observe

*Christens POV*

College was boring, it was study, go to class, study some more, do assignments, study, go to class. It never ended. I desperately sought excitement, something to break up the day's. The bars in town were good but, in the long term, not so great. You can get drunk on a weekend but work and school calls during the week.

I'd met a few people at the bars and clubs, none I'd really clicked with though. I had made a few friends though which was nice, I'd moved hours from home and finding new friends was taking time. I wasn't naturally outgoing as such, but that all changed with a little bit of alcohol and dim enough lights that nobody would really recognise me.

I was guilty of a few things, sleeping too much, forgetting my assignments, and skipping lectures. College was hard, college wasn't at all like school and I was overwhelmed almost all the time. I tried to talk to my friends about it, but none of them were feeling the same. One suggested a tutor, one a councillor. I didn't want to see either of them, but a college brochure suggested a student support group. It was run in the afternoons on a Friday, today, It didn't involve any staff but was lead by a college counsellor who encouraged free speech so students could talk about their problems and bounce ideas off of each other. I wasn't the most keen to take part, but I was feeling lonely, and I needed some people who were feeling a familiar thing.

I drank every weekend, it helped me to forget, or at least ignore all the paperwork that I had piling up. Except, it gave me a new problem, the object of my desire. To be completely honest, I was so inebriated I don't even remeber what it was that my mind is so fixated on. All I have is...his phone number, and the faintest memory of a stunning jawline. We had been texting back and forth for a week, but at this point I was too afraid to ask his name, or anything really. All I remember was the jawline, and a somewhat feminine side, but the large hooded jumper and almost pitch black club meant I had absolutely no idea what they looked like.

I know they went to my college, they liked beer, they liked baggy clothes, and they wore a womens perfume. The perfume had caught me off guard but it was a nice scent so I didn't pay it a second thought. My mystery love had been dropping cute notes under the door of my room for a fortnight now, little heart shaped post notes covered in compliments.

It was sweet, so sweet. It was the only exciting thing that was happening in my life. I desperately wanted to see him in person, maybe go for coffee, I don't know, just to talk and break up the monotony of college life. I liked how soft they were, I don't meet that many sensitive men, and I'm glad I've found one. I don't know if this is a casual thing, or if it's going to get to more than that, but for now, I'm happy.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, it almost scared me enough to make me fall off the side of the bed. "??? to Christen: I'm going to this college support group thing, you said you were going thru some things, come with me?" What a coincidence, I suppose a friend would be nice. How would I know what he looked like? This could be problematic.

"Christen to ???: I was actually thinking about going today too, tell me what you're wearing so I can find u?" I texted back, hopefully subtle enough they wouldn't read too far into my forgetful state.

"??? to Christen: What, don't u remember me haha???" the mystery texter replied, I know it was a joke, but I wasn't kidding.

"Christen to ???: I mean, it was dark and I don't wanna spend five minutes looking for you :(" I sent back, god I hope they don't get offended, I feel so mean.

"??? to Christen: Meet me in the hall out the front of the room they're holding it in, I'll wait for u, leaving my room now tho." Great, now at least I get to quell my curiosity, I'm excited to finally put a face to the text messages. I don't know if it's possible, but I've fallen in love with text messages.