Chapter 03 | Undying Love

Start from the beginning

"Not bad..." She looked around, pretty shock when she compared the bedroom and the living room. The room is warm, and it smells like Shizuo's perfume.

'It smells like... chocolate mint!' She smiled in delight as she danced gracefully around the room like a dancer on stage and jumping back to the bed. She felt cozy, warm, and most of all happy, in her mind, it is Shizuo.

It has always been Shizuo.

Her face sagged on the fluffy white pillow, her eyes focused on the one window towards her. The only light she used was the moon itself. The moon and the stars are up in the sky, while her face was brought low.

"I need my bag... I need it so I can work here in Ikebukuro as a nurse." She mumbled, frowning at the thought of losing it forever. She needs the papers to prove that she is a college graduate and a nurse. She is willing to work here in Ikebukuro, just to see Shizuo's face every day.

This is the reason why she is here. She took her wallet from her skirt pocket and checked her money, "Thank God my ATM card is in here. Good thing I withdraw money today. I think that should be enough..." She sighed in relief, zipping it close, "All I need now is my bag. My clothes are in there..."

She held her temple and started thinking, 'What if... what if Shizuo finds out?' She shook her head left to right, "I-I have to tell him but I'm too scared."

She took a deep breath and brushed aside the worries.

The pale glow of the moon shone through the un-curtained window, casting an elongated shadow from the overturned chair. She stared at the wooden chair for awhile and decided to get up. It's going to be a long night...

___________________________________

It was another strawberry sunrise, topped with whipped cream clouds, a perfect sort of day for strolling around the park or bird watching.

Her sigh was a mixture of contentment and relief. The living room, kitchen, bathroom and Shizuo's bedroom are spotless. She stayed up all night throwing away the expired food, putting his dirty clothes into the hamper, mopping (and sweeping) the floors and washing the dishes. She made sure that the walls are also clear and clean, windows are wiped, and even door knobs are clean.

She looked around the apartment and saw how her hard work paid it off; she was very pleased at the results.

She grabbed her wallet with her and walked her way out of the apartment; she memorized the door number and quickly made her way out.

Hikaru watched the sunrise, awed by the colors that filled the sky. The smell of the freshly wet grass filled her lungs; she enjoyed her time walking to the nearest store.

She entered the store, in her surprise, she saw that the only people who were in there are the employees, "Watashi wa haya sugiru nodesu ka?" (Am I too early?) She asked one of the employees, she spoke in Japanese fluently.

The employee was busy looking at the chart in his hands, he shook his head no.

She pared her head down, "Arigato." (Thank you)

Soon, she walked back to the apartment without Shizuo knowing. She has a bag full of groceries; she went to the kitchen and put the plastic full of groceries on the kitchen balcony. Shizuo on the other hand was sleeping on the couch peacefully wrapped around with a thick blanket.

"Today's breakfast will be omelet." She announced to herself beating the eggs really well until there are no more flecks of white. She started humming to herself as she beat it fast.

She allows the butter to melt and sizzle before pouring in the eggs on the pan.

As the egg starts to set down, she slowly drag it with a fork, towards the middle of the pan, filling any gaps with the raw egg mix. She added the thin minced ham once all was set, scatter on before folding. Finally, she used a wooden spatula to help her roll the omelet in the pan; she then slides it on top of the plate. She placed the omelet on the table and prepared the plates, spoons and forks.