To cheer me up I looked through the magazine I risked my future love life, I felt even more low when I came across an advertisement for a modeling competition. I just stared at the page. I stared at the page for what seemed like an hour, but I was awoken from the trance when I heard the low hum of my mum’s BMW drive up the driveway. I moon jumped of the bed and swung my wardrobe door open. I grabbed the thankfully close swivel study chair that was next to me and pushed it against the wardrobe. I wobbled as I a climbed up onto the chair and I clung to the 3rd shelf to steady myself. After I was sure I wouldn’t fall back I rummaged through the highest shelf and found a box about the size of a photo album and stashed my magazine inside. As I made my way back to my bed to grab my copy of Romeo and Juliet my mum can bursting in. I stared at her face. It looked like someone hit her square in the face with a makeup gun. I tried to conceal the giggles that were bursting to be noticed. “Mum, ever heard of knocking? You know manners?” I asked giving her an example of knocking on my door. She looked outrage.

“Never ever speak to me like that again Missy or I will take your money privileges away!” she threatened me, waving her perfect manicured finger like it was some sort of magical weapon. There she goes again, stupid money privileges. Maybe I should just get a job at the newsagent! Damn I can’t Lucas works there. I must have had a face that reflected my thoughts because my mum seemed to have a problem with that to.

“Don’t make that face at me or I’ll send you to grandmas for the next holidays.” She again made another empty threat than thankfully left me in peace. I sat down at my desk and instead of doing my homework I took the time to dwell on my sad life.

May the 8th

I know I didn’t mention Sunday, but what interesting happens on Sundays? Here I’ll give you the short; I woke up, ate, caught up with home work, ate, more homework, ate, bed.  Interesting, yeah?

Anyway today I had my first communication with Daniel. Since last week. I was cleverly avoiding Lucas, okay, okay, so hiding behind open lockers and behind disgusting bins isn’t so smart, but at least it’s better than when I jumped into a classroom where teachers were having a serious meeting with the education minister and when I pushed through a group of people to get into the toilets….the male ones….All of it was better than letting Lucas see me.

It all happened just after the toilet incident and I came running out into the corridor. Thankfully the toilets were deserted at the time just like the corridor that I walked into, or so I thought.

I was walking past the science lab when someone grabs my arm (which was still shaking at the sight of the boy’s toilets, not a place I would recommend) and pulls me into the room. I nearly died of fright. When I turned to face the attacker I was looking into the green eyes of Daniel. My brain immediately took a step back but I didn’t. I was standing so close I could smell the sweet scent of lynx. Man does he smell good! I mentally hit myself and finally took a fairy step backwards. I turned from not so frightened to all shy again. Questions came flooding from everywhere in my brain, pleading me to ask Daniel. Not a second passed when he started to speak.

““hey, listen, can you, uh not tell anybody about the music thing?” he asked ruffling the hair at the back of he’s head, like he always did when he was nervous or worried. (Before you jump to any conclusions, no I do not stalk this guy….I only watch him during exams. I mean, only to see if he is struggling…) When the words were finally sent to my head I got what he said and it frustrated me. He ignores me, avoids me and doesn’t speak a word and he now he wants me to do something for him? What the? Well if I was going to do something that I already wasn’t going to do, I deserve questions answered!

“So this is what you have been avoiding me for?” I demanded to know. He turned red, I took that as a yes. “I mean you have avoided me for days, when I have done nothing wrong! I mean it’s not my fault that you told me something you obviously didn’t want me to know!” I added on. Lucas took a wobbly step back and I took a step forward.

“Who the hell do you think I was going to tell anyway? I have no friends if you haven’t noticed, which is another reason I shouldn’t do anything you want me to, because you bloody ditched me and that hurt!” I said, I was trying to fight back the tears. I wanted to say so much more and kick Daniel right where it hurts but he stopped me with he’s stupid words and I bit my tongue hardly instead.

“So, I’m not your friend?” he asked with questioning and shock showing in he’s eye brows. I couldn’t tell if he was mocking me or being serious. So I took a step back.

“Well right now I’m not sure what you are to me, because I think you’ve made it pretty clear you don’t want to be my friend, just like everyone else! It would ruin your all so fantastic ‘reputation’ to even breathe in the same air as me, and I’m sure you hundreds of other acquaintances are so much better than one good friend like me!” I said. By the end of that I was nearly out of breath.

I walked to the door and turned and looked back at a stunned Daniel. No I don’t think you’re my friend because I think you’ve made it pretty clear that your nothing like me, one reality check. YOU ARE, so shouldn’t you be proud of it?” I added on before I slammed the door shut behind me and ran to the gym.

It was only lunch time so I knew the fitness group was running. The teacher on duty was so surprised to see me at the gym that she almost spilt her coffee on the girl who she was coaching. I gave the teacher an acknowledging nod and made my way to the punching bags. I almost started beating up the bag before I put the punching mitts on, but I had enough self control not to. For the next half an hour I punched the punching bag non stop. Even when my arms got tired I didn’t give up until every single thought of anger was some how released from me. I didn’t see him for the rest of the day; I think he was either upset of scared of me. For once I honestly didn’t care.