Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4 

5th of May

Today was almost the same repeat as yesterday; I still had no communication from Daniel. But it was much better in the fact that I actually got work done, something I hadn’t done in a while. But I can’t lie to you diary, I really do miss Daniel. Hell, right now I’d give up every single chance I ever had with Lucas, (if I ever had a chance) just to have Daniel speak to me again. I hate being so alone, trust me one friend really does make a difference!

6th of May

I welcomed this weekend with open arms. I knew mum would send my around our house with a car boot full of chores to do. But surprisingly trying to remove mum’s lipstick smudge from her mirror, (and don’t ask me how it got there because I haven’t the faintest idea) was somehow an escape from my overall problems. One’s that could not be as easily solved as I would have hoped.

When my finally left to meet her friends at a café, and dad was at work of course. I ran down to the corner of our block in my track pants and my periodic table t-shirt. (in other words my weekend clothes). I entered the small news agency with the tinkling of the bell over the door. I headed in the direction of the magazines, walking past various card stands, random CD racks of old CD’s (that no one in this life time listens to) and shelves full of chocolate bars before I was standing before the wall of magazines. I picked up the one I was looking for and headed down the row of shelves to the shops counter. I stopped dead in my tracks. There he was in all he’s glory, Lucas. He had headphones in he’s ears and he was head banging and tapping he’s fingers on the cashier. I felt my face turn bright red. I almost wanted to run out of the shop, Oh god the hottest guy on earth is about to see me in my normal clothes! This would be totally fine, if they weren’t clothes that normal people would wear at home when they were sure nobody would not see them.

I took a deep breath and walked up straight to the counter. (Well alright than, i stumbled up clumsily, knocking down a few things from the card stands and practically fell against the counter.) I was almost soaked from perspiration, I was so nervous. My first encounter with the guy of my dreams. (Not including the corridor incident) the sweet music of fall out boy entered my ears. What has this guy got the volume up to? I tried to get he’s attention, but he was all to consumed in the song he was listening to. I started to get annoyed but calmed down; I didn’t want him to think I was rude or anything. I waved my hands in front of he’s face, which really didn’t help since he’s eyes seemed almost wired shut. I was up to my last resort. One I hope I would never have come to. Come on, open your eyes!  I was almost chanting in my head. A minute later I couldn’t stand it. I reached over the counter and yanked the ipod head phones out of he’s ears ever so lightly. He looked up with a look that scared me. I took a few steps back and started fiddling with my top.

“What do ya want?” he asked rudely. I bit my tongue from correcting he’s sentence. I was stunned by he’s sudden rudeness.

“Oh who me?” I asked stupidly looking around. Of course he’s talking to you! You’re the stupid one who just pissed him off!

I tried to ignore my sub conscious thoughts as he gave me a dirty look. My eyes we’re close to swelling up and I just pointed at the magazine on the counter. He rolled he’s eyes and asked for the payment of the magazine. As soon as I paid for the magazine I was out of there. I ran the short way back to my house and as I was in the safe comfort of my room I realized how truly embarrassing that was. Now he knows what magazine I read! Now he most likely thinks I’m some impatient crazy psycho person! I sighed and fell against my pillows. I really hope he doesn’t notice me at school!