Chapter 40

[Naruto's POV]

"I apologize for getting you into this mess." Ko said as he escort me to my room.

"You don't need to apologize to me. My dad already told me how Hiashi would react and I knew it's not going to be easy but..." I cut myself off.

I'm not really sure what's going on in his head but I must be pretty gutsy to think that he favored me more than that Toneri guy. I knew that look he gave me when I told him who I am but also knew he wasn't pleased to verify the theory in his head that I gave Hinata more than a simple refuge on my house. I couldn't deny it and Hinata wouldn't speak as well. Why would I deny something I'm not even sure I did?

Sure we had our make-out sessions back in the days but having sex with her is clearly not in my memory. I know it was Shion I saw back then and thank the heavens it was the last time I saw that face.

Just thinking about her make me feel angry and bitter all over again.

"But what?" Ko interrupted my thoughts.

"But I think there is a way. He knew something happened between me and Hinata and he wasn't so pleased with it." I told the man and he just cleared his throat in awkward silence.

I know it's like taboo in here to talk about Hinata and her body, these people see her like she's something sacred. Well, I know virginity is something you shouldn't be giving to people but I plan on marrying her now anyway. What's the big idea of doing that before marriage?

Ko opened the door and let me in the room. As soon as I saw the bed, I quickly jump straight to it.

My tired body seemed like it age ten years.

"Do you want me to call her?" Ko asked as he was closing the door.

"I know they wouldn't let her but if they do..."

He smiled at me for a bit before he close the door, I thought he would never do such a thing.

Today's been a very tiring day.

I had a talk with my dad about marriage this morning and right after as I plan on dismissing the idea, Ko asked me to come all the way here because Hinata is supposedly going to pick a groom tonight. Of course when things like that happen, my competitive self instantly rise up and accept the challenge.

I wouldn't let anyone touch her the way I did.
We could postpone the wedding for a year or two if I found out that my heart is still a kid and is far away from wanting marriage.

But for now, I need to do everything to win her back and gain control of her life again so she'll be more free to do what she wants and I'll be happier.

It seems like forever passed on me as I busied myself looking at the ceiling while waiting for Hinata, but when I finally heard her soft knocking, I instantly sprang out of bed and open the door for her.

"I'm glad you found a way to come." I told her and can't help the smile that is forming on my lips when I see her.

My fatigue is like magically lifted off my body.

I reach out to touch her and but she is quick enough to dodge me and close the door behind her before anyone saw us.

"Why are you here? Why did you come? Are you insane? I never wanted you to be here. I have more problems to fix and now you came." She immediately bombarded me with questions and anger.

Her eyes never leaving mine, I see nothing else but her, longing for me as well.

Why the hell should we talk? We can do that tomorrow.