The Mock Battle:

Comincia dall'inizio

"The blue Lions class is quite commendable" Ignatz said before leaving the battlefield. The Blue Lions began to make their way towards Claude and Hilda to engage in battle when they noticed that Edelgard had sent a curly haired brunette to lure them further their way. Dimitri noticed it and with Ashe's assistance they managed to take her off the field, While they did that Annette and Felix took down the barricades that Claude and Hilda had protecting them, Byleth swooped in and attacked Claude, he was injured but still in the playing field. Hilda attacked Annette from a distance with her hand axes which caused Annette to retreat from the battle field "Aw man" she sighed. 

Dimitri engaged in battle with Hilda, who proved to be a way tougher opponent then they had anticipated while Felix finished off Claude who grumbled on about having to watch from the sidelines. Once the blue Lions Finished off with Claude and Hilda, Byleth divided the remaining Blue Lions into two groups to attack the Black Eagles, while the other joined once Professor Hanneman was out.

Dimitri and Felix headed for the Golden Deer's professor while Ashe and Byleth went back to attack the Black eagles from a different front. Byleth Drew out a tall lanky man with black hair, Byleth barely managed to avoid a misima attack, she attacked back gravely injuring him and Ashe swooped in and finished him off "Lady Edelgard I must retreat'' he shouted, This caused for Edelgard to swoop in and attack Ashe a crest light shone and Ashe was on the ground. 

"You guys will have to do this without me" Ashe groaned. On the other side of the battle field Dimitri and Felix began their attack on Professor Hanneman, It didn't take long for them to take him down. 

"My-My the Blue Lions class is quite remarkable" Hanneman said.

This cause for Manuela to yell from across the field "Hey! You didn't say that about my class last year when we won!". 

After that Dimitri and Felix began their descent into the Black Eagles field, they ran into a ginger noble who when they engaged in battle with him he shouted "I am Ferdinand Von Aegir" as he swung his lance at Dimitri. While Ferdinand was distracted with trying to hit Dimitri Felix jumped in and took him down. 

"Boar hurry, I think Byleth needs your help. I'll take on their professor" Felix shouted, Dimitri turned and saw Byleth engaged in battle with Edelgard. Byleth's dark blue bangs clung to her forehead in sweat. It seemed that Byleth needed a bit of help, however Edelgard didn't seem to be doing any better herself, her eyes were wild from the fight and one of her hair ribbon was lying on the field. 

Dimitri ran and lunged an attack at Edelgard, his attack caught her off guard and she was knocked down "I lost?!" Edelgard said "It'll only be tougher from her on out" she grumbled.

 Byleth paused for a second catching her breath "Thanks for the help Dimitri '' she said "Now let's go take down their professor" Byleth added. 

Dimitri and Byleth went to assist Felix who as soon as they had come to his aid got taken out, "Stupid boar hurry and take her down" he shouted while gesturing towards Professor Manuela. Dimitri and Byleth got busy and soon took down Manuela.

 The trumpets once again rang through the air and Seteth shouted "This concludes our mock battle, The winner is the Blue Lion house".

The Blue Lion house met back in their classroom after the battle, where they were enthused over the fact that they had just won the first battle of the year. They were coming up with ideas on how to celebrate their victory when Ashe suggested that they have a celebratory feast. The class agreed and made their way to the dinning. 

Dimitri realized that Byleth had managed to slip away from the group so he excused himself to find Byleth so Dimitri could invite her to join them. Dimitri searched the monastery for Byleth and finally found her in the middle of a conversation with Jeralt. "Kid, I don't mind you settling into your life here, just be careful around Rhea. I still haven't figured out what she wants with you yet" Jeralt said and Byleth nodded. 

Dimitri didn't quite understand what Jeralt had meant when he told that to Byleth, he wondered if something had happened in the past between Jeralt and Rhea. Dimitri was lost in thought when he heard Jeralt say to Byleth "Well I'll take my leave now kiddo, it seems you have someone waiting for you" Jeralt gestured to Dimitri. 

Dimitri turned a bit red at having been caught listening into their conversation although Byleth and Jeralt didn't seem to care "Byleth! I've been looking for you" Dimitri beamed "I was hoping we could all share a meal together. It could serve as both a victory celebration and a post-battle analysis. What do you think?" Dimitri added. 

"I'm invited," Byleth said sounding surprised 

"Of course, you were key to our victory today without your tactics. I'm certain we wouldn't have been victorious," Dimitri said. 

"Oh, ok I'll be there shortly then," Byleth said. 

"Byleth, I'm sorry to intrude, but you don't look to happy for someone who just won'' Dimitri questioned. 

"You're mistaken" Byleth rebutted.

Dimitri looked at Byleth her face was devoid of emotion and he said "You say that but your eyes tell a different story, I know we only just met, so this may be difficult for you but..." Dimitri's face turned red and then he added "I'd love nothing more than to share our happiness with you. Joy can be so fleeting, after all. We're all in this together so I hope you will consent". They sat in silence for a moment before Dimitri said "Well come along Byleth, let's enjoy the fruits of our labor!" and he began to guide Byleth to the dining hall.

Once the festivities in the dining hall began to wind down Seteth came in "Ah Byleth, Lady Rhea wishes to see you" he said "Prince Dimitri your presence is also required" Seteth added. Dimitri and Byleth followed Seteth until they reached Rhea 

"Ah sweet child" Rhea said to Byleth "It's a pleasure seeing you, I wanted to congratulate you- the both of you" she turns to Dimitri acknowledging his presence "On your victory at the mock battle, I have also called you hear to inform you of your mission for the upcoming month" Byleth looked at Rhea a bit puzzled and Seteth filled her in on how every class has a monthly mission to complete. "This month you will be tasked with taking out the bandits that attacked our students" Rhea said, Byleth expressed concern for the other students in the class's safety and Rhea assured them that they would be fine since they would have knights accompanying them. Rhea gave the both of them some more detail on the mission and then they were finally dismissed.

Byleth said goodbye to Dimitri as soon as they had exited their meeting from the Archbishop and took off. As Dimitri made his way to his room he couldn't help but think about what Jeralt told Byleth about being careful around Lady Rhea, he had to admit how Rhea treated Byleth was a bit strange. Dimitri began to wonder if maybe Jeralt and Rhea had been lovers at one point and Byleth was their child who Jeralt had run off with, but there were far to many inconsistencies in that theory for it to be true, however one thing Dimitri did know for sure is that he would do everything in his power to find out the answer to Rheas infatuation for Byleth.

 Dimitri finally made it to his room and laid down in hopes that his inner demons would give him one night of peace and allow for him to fall asleep.