Chapter Two- So What do We do Now?

Sean pulled the SUV up to the apartment building, climbing out and waiting for Alex to come around.  “Are you okay?” he asked her.

                Nodding, Alex replied, “Somehow they missed me, other than that graze on my leg.”

                “Wish I had been so lucky.” Sean held up his arm, showing her the blood oozing from it.  “Luckily this wasn’t too bad.”

                Alex and Sean headed into the building.  This apartment had been hidden and was used for a safety apartment, Alex asked, “Do you think Nikita and everyone else got out?”

                Sitting down on the couch, Sean nodded, “It’s Nikita.  I am sure.  It’s just a matter of finding where they escaped to.”

                Alex propped up Sean’s arm to start to fix the wound.  “Through-and-through.” She reported.  “Shouldn’t be too bad.”

                “What the hell happened?” Sean asked Alex.

                “Amanda.” Alex just starred at Sean.  “What else would it be?”

                “How could Amanda pull this off?  She wouldn’t have enough people.” Sean tried to make sense of everything.

                “Apparently she does.” Alex replied, “This is ridiculous.  Why is she so obsessed?  Why won’t she just leave us alone?”

                “She has a one-track mind.” Sean winced as Alex cleaned out his wound with alcohol.  “She wants to destroy Nikita at all costs.  Even if she has to kill every other innocent person first.”

                “Do you think her and Michael are together?” Alex asked as she bandaged up Sean’s wound with gauze.

                “I have no doubt they wouldn’t leave without each other.” Sean replied.

                “What about Birkhoff?”

                “He’s a smart man.” Sean answered.  “I am sure he found a safe way out.”

                Nikita finished bandaging up Birkhoff wounds.  Birkhoff was still out cold, the IV dripping into his arm.  Pulling the blanket up to his chest, Nikita didn’t hear Michael at the door.  “I got Lucy set up in the other room.”

                “How is she doing?” Michael asked.

                “A little better than Birkhoff.” Nikita replied, “She was conscious, he wasn’t.”

                “I just hope he’ll be alright.  The bullet in his back wasn’t too bad but the one in his stomach and some damage on its way through.” Michael explained, checking the flow of the morphine.

                “Yeah.  Her wounds were barely in there.  Didn’t do a whole lot to her.  She was mainly in shock and blood loss is why she’s out I think.” Nikita explained.

                “Do you have any way to contact Alex or Sean?  See if they are okay?”

                Nikita shook her head.  “We don’t have any phones- mine was in Division.  I have things we could try, emergency things we discussed putting in place, but nothing that we agreed on.”

                “Great.” Michael grimaced.  “That ought to make things interesting.”

                “Come on.” Nikita gestured for Michael to follow her to the living room so they could sit down.