Chapter 1

Alessia's POV

Preparing for the biggest day of my life is a hassle. Working relentlessly, I'm trying to prepare everything to the best of my abilities. Telling pack members what decorations go where, who to invite, and so on.

After arranging some chairs, I'm finished for the day. Walking back to the house, I think about how far I've come. I used to be a little girl, dreaming of one day being Alpha, and now I'm becoming Alpha.

I remember the first day I realized I would be a strong Alpha. It was my sixth birthday, and I high fived my dad's hand. He was in a bit of pain, my little six-year-old hand doing some damage. His hand was pushed back by the force, Lukas looking at his hand in wonder.

That was the day that I had to live up to everyone's expectations. I realized that people were looking up to me to lead our pack. A child being put in a stressful position. But I took it with stride.

Having to live up to people's expectations wasn't easy, but it was a learning experience. I learned the right and wrong way to lead, and what people wanted from me. Going through Alpha training, I stepped up and became the best leader I can be. I will learn more as I take over the pack, but I'm finally prepared.

I'm prepared to lead. I believe in myself. I can do this.

I step into the pack house, walking up to my family's floor. My dad, Lukas, my papa Kai, and my brother, Darren, have their own floor. My parents gave me the Alpha floor early, wanting me to learn responsibility.

Opening the door to their space, I hear my dad ask, "Alessia, is that you?"

"Yea, I just wanted to talk to everyone before my coronation." I arrive at the living room, where my entire family is waiting.

"Are you nervous?" Darren asks, smirking slightly. My brother has supported me my entire life but likes to mess with me. He enjoys seeing his stoic sister show her emotions.

"Only a little. I honestly can't wait to have everyone come. Our family friends are coming, we haven't seen them in so long." I sit down on the couch, my hair dirty blonde hair falling over my shoulder as I do so.

The Steele family have been our family friends since my grandparents helped them out when they were in desperate need. We met them as children but haven't seen them since.

Papa speaks up, "Yea, the Steele family is traveling a state over for this. They are supporting you, just like we will support them when their child, Levi, becomes Alpha."

Levi Steele is a shy boy from what I've noticed. He didn't talk much when we visited, even when we invited him to play. He turned eighteen a while ago but hasn't become Alpha yet.

I'm going to see him for the first time in ten years, hopefully we get along this time.

Dad smiles at Papa, love showing in his eyes. Their love hasn't died throughout these years, they are just as in love as they were when I was younger. I hope to find a love like this someday.

Papa continues, "I'm excited to get the pack together to celebrate you becoming Alpha. All our members care for you so much, they have been supporting you since you were a child. Are you ready for the responsibility that comes with being Alpha?"

I sigh, knowing all three of them are worried if I'm ready for this. "I know in my heart that I'm ready. I know that during Alpha training, I excelled at all the challenges that are meant to push us as wolves. You guys know I'm ready, you just don't want to see me grow up."

Dad and Papa share a look, and both let out a deep sigh. Dad speaks, "We don't want to see you grow up. You are our little girl. Watching you grow up has been so hard, but we know that you are ready. We believe in you."

Smiling at them, we all group hug. We don't group hug often, but I think this calls for it. "I love you guys," I say sniffling, getting teary eyed.

Darren smiles at me, rubbing his hand in my hair. After messing it up roughly, he says, "We love you too."