Chapter Two

"What's your name?" Kagome asked the older lioness, her blue eyes looking into amber. The lioness looked nice, and from what she heard from the conversation earlier she was under her care from now on.

The lioness smiled at the young cub, rubbing her face against the young cubs in a soothing jester, "Sarabi is the name I go by, but...Mother is also something you can call me by."

Sarabi pushed the cub towards the other females who were grooming their young, she was going to groom the young-ling, and get her used to her new surroundings.

"Mother?" Kagome questioned, she hadn't called anyone that in a long time. Her own mother died when she was small and couldn't remember much, except that she looked just like her; white fur and gray on two paws and around one eye.

"Yes, young one." the lioness said in a soothing purr, "That is if you want too." She hopped on a rock and picked up the young one by the scurf of the neck and placed her between her paws.

Kagome smiled and gave her a shy look, "No sounds fine to me." She stayed quiet as her new mother started to bath her, but was mindful to her cuts.

Kagome looked around and could see the curios looks of the other cubs and lionesses. This made Kagome look down in embarrassment. She wasn't used to attention from her own kind, but she guessed it was because she looked so different. They all had gold or brown furs, while her own was white.

She stuck out. She knew that.

Hearing a chuckle, she looked to her left. It was another lioness, she was darker in color then Sarabi and had darker amber eyes.

"Who is this cute looking cub, sister?" the lioness asked as she approached. She held the grace of a successful huntress, but her voice soft and sounded motherly.

"Kidra" Sarabi smiled at her sister, she was wondering where she had been. Looking down at the cub in her paws she gave a purr to her, "This is Kagome, She was found by Mufasa. This little one was captured by the weird smelling two legs."

Kidra looked at the cub curiously, the two legs were becoming a problem in the pride lands as of late, but to take a cub. That is something she didn't take lightly. Leaning down she gave a small smile, "Hello little one."

Kagome shrank back slightly but gave a shy smile in greeting, "Hello." She was shy, being around around them. She hadn't been around her own kind since she was born. Which felt like forever to her.

The lioness laughed, "You are a cute one aren't you." Kagome put her head down in embarrassment. She head the laughter of some of the other lionesses around her.

"Naiera! Isn't she the cutest!" Kidra asked, as another lioness came up to her side.

The lioness Kagome guessed was Naiera chuckled as she came closer and saw the white cub. It wasn't a color of fur she was used to seeing, "She is adorable...her fur is beautiful. And she is sooo shy." the lioness laughed, " I wish my Nala was shy, she would get in less trouble!"

The three lionesses laughed, they all knew that Nala tended to get into a lot of trouble, but so did Simba, Sarabi's cub.

"Now now you two!" Sarabi chuckled, seeing the cub try to hide from the other lionesses. Her new daughter was a cute one, and shy. Something she didn't see in cubs around here.

Kagome looked between them all, and blinked before letting off a yawn. She she was shy, but she had a reason to be. After being with the two legs, you learn to shy away from others.

"I think the young one is tiered." Naiera smirked, as she watched the young-ling yawn again, "We will leave you to her...but we want to see her later!" With that the two left leaving behind a smiling Sarabi and sleepy Kagome.

"You are clean enough for now..." Sarabi told Kagome, leaning down and giver her muzzle a last lick. The cut there was done bleeding but still showed through her white fur.

"Now sleep my daughter." Sarabi's soft voice said as she curled around her. The cub had a long day, and needed to regain some of her strength and sleeping would do just that.

Kagome did as she was told, and curled up against the warmth, her tail curling around her body until hit her muzzle.

She hoped when she woke this wasn't just a dream.

Ringing laughter filled the air around Pride Rock, and the lionesses looked up from their sunbathing to watch the two youngest cubs clamber up the rocks. "Bet you I can get to the cave first!"

The challenging female voice fell back on her friend's ears, and he grinned in response. "I bet you can't!" A bolt of shining golden fur flew over the first cub as he leaped onto the rock above her and continued toward the cave where his parents were. "I win!"

"Hey, Simba!" The future king laughed at his friend's complaint, but he didn't stop to wait for her.

"Hi, Dad! Bye, Dad!" Simba didn't stop to see the indulgent smile cross his father's muzzle as he ran into the opening in the rock. "Mom! Mom, you won't believe what happened!"

Sarabi lifted her head from paws, and

a smile as she asked, "And what happened today, Simba?"

Just as the young male cub was about to answer, Simba gave a grunt when he felt someone tackle him with a light female "Gotcha!"A female voice yelled as she tackled him.

"Nala!" Simba glared playfully at his friend, she was always catching him off guard. It just wasn't fair, she was a girl. He should be the one caching her of guard.

Kagome who was curled into Sarabi, and was out of the sight of the two cubs, and blinked slowly. She still had some sleep in her eyes. She blinking raising her head hearing the voices. They sounded like cubs!

Like her!

"Simba...Nala" The voices of Naiera and Sarabi interrupted the two cubs playing. They both looked up at their mothers, curiously.

Sarabi smiled down at the two, "I have someone for you two to meet." Kagome who was still laying down slowly got to her feet but stayed hide from the cubs.

"This is your new pride member. She was saved from the two legs." Sarabi got up and slowly revealed the white cub to the two cubs.

Kagome looked at the two cubs, slightly moving back, "Hi..."