RASH REALIZATION

Taehyung let out a deep sigh as the cold air surrounded him the moment he stepped out of the car. A strong arm was quickly wrapped around his waist, pulling him against a much warmer body, the body of his alpha.

It felt wrong to think this way.

Everyone called him Sooyun's mate, Sooyun's omega, Sooyun's boyfriend, he physically belonged to the boy in each and every way. But mentally, the attachment to his fated mate wasn't there. Even though his body tingled whenever the alpha touched him, even though his heart leaped when he called his name, even though everything Sooyun did brought joy to his wolf, Taehyung wasn't happy.

His mind wanted Jungkook. His human soul was battling his wolf every damn day and the fight tired him, brought a weight upon his shoulders that on some days he couldn't bare holding. It would be so much easier to just submit to his fated mate and be done with it.

But Jungkook.

Jungkook. Jungkook. Jungkook.

It was all his brain told him to run to.

Sooyun's friends surrounded the two mates, having waited for them on the school's parking lot so they could go in together. Taehyung's legs started moving as soon as he felt the other tug his hand forward, mind seemingly on auto pilot.

Weeks ago he had imagined this day in a completely different way. He'd take the bus to Jungkook's place where the alpha would be waiting for him at the bus stop, wild daffodils in his hand and big grin on his face. They would kiss at first sight, drinking into the other's appearance before walking to school together in the cold but heartwarming night.

Instead, Sooyun had picked him up at his house clad in an expensive suit, standing in front of an expensive car and offering him an expensive bouquet of flowers. His mother had squealed in joy when she took a picture of the pair, excitedly shaking the camera around up until the point his father had taken the thing to snap a decent picture himself.

The group made their way inside, immediately catching the attention of surrounding students. People stopped and stared at them and the arm around his waist tightened as Sooyun basked in the attention they received the more they got inside.

The omega peered down at his black shoes that shone in the artificial lighting, relief washing over him as his blonde hair fell into his eyes and blocked his sight. He felt too exposed, too flashy and he nervously tugged at his suit jacket that was uncomfortably bright against the other suits.

He had bought his golden suit with the help of his sister, but now, he felt like it attracted too much unwanted stares and whispers. His focus was completely nowhere and all he tried doing was breathing in deep to shake off some of the anxiety waving through his body.

Before he realized it his name got called through a microphone, flinching he heard the word bouncing off the room's walls and seemingly slapping him in the face. His arm got tugged forward and he tried his hardest not to stumble as the sea of student surrounded them split open.

He wasn't aware where they were heading to, wasn't aware of the shiny crown being placed on top of his head and suddenly he found himself in the middle of the dancefloor with the other students creating a big circle around them.

Taehyung watched how his mate stepped closer and wrapped his arms around his waist, feeling the tingles spreading underneath the other's hands. Sooyun stared at him, expectantly, and he could feel his arms move to rest upon the alpha's shoulders.

They slowly began to dance.

His skin was pricking, aware of all the eyes on just the two of them. The room started spinning and the music around them softened as the whispers of the students seemed to boom in his ears.