PARENTS & MAIDS

Jungkook followed the maid upstairs, ignoring his surroundings that were filled with expensive paintings and furniture. He had never seen so many servants in one house but they greeted him everywhere with a bow, making him wonder how many maids one family needed.

"Here is his room", the maid spoke and even though Jungkook wanted to thank her, his nose had already picked up on a concerning scent. He swiftly nodded to her and pushed the door open, wanting to make sure Taehyung was alright because the scent in the air told him otherwise.

"Jungkook!", was the first thing he heard before a wall of scent almost blocked him from entering.

He pinched his nose and pushed through, eyes focused on the boy sitting up in bed, tears streaming down his face. The omega looked relieved to see him and he made grabby hands towards him as soon as Jungkook got near the bed.

"Taehyung- what happened?", Jungkook asked, eyes wide as he stared down at the crying blonde, "Did Sooyun visit you?"

"No", he croaked out and quickly grabbed onto the alpha's hand, "But my wolf wants to visit him, badly".

Jungkook nodded in understanding and sat down beside the blonde who grabbed onto both of his hands. The scent Taehyung was making was produced by his omega. It was made to attract Sooyun and keep out others, that's why the scent repulsed Jungkook, though the alpha didn't care. To him, it smelt like terrible things but to Sooyun the scent was made out of flowers and sweet stuff.

"My wolf's hurting me, wanting to be with our true mate", Taehyung proceeded as he played with the older's fingers, "The mark is burning, almost tugging at my willpower to get up out of bed and go to Sooyun. But I refuse to do so! I hate him".

"I know you do darling", Jungkook smiled softly, "I do too".

He glanced around the room when Taehyung began rubbing one of Jungkook's hands against his face, basking in the presence of the other. His wolf was probably raging a war inside of his body but Taehyung looked calm as he enjoyed the contact with the other.

"Are your parents not home?", Jungkook asked after some time, "Should they not look after you?"

Taehyung dropped his hands at that, face turning pale, "They don't care".

"Darling that's impossible. I'm sure they are worried-"

"They don't care", the omega yelled, making the other stop in his sentence. Taehyung let out a deep sigh and angrily wiped away his tears. "They don't care", he spoke in a much softer voice now.

"Did they not see the mark?"

"They did".

Taehyung bowed to the maid that held the front door open for him, the woman smiling softly at him. "I'm so happy you have returned Taehyung", she spoke, not calling him master ever since Taehyung told the staff to stop calling him that since he was much younger than all of them, "We were so worried".

"We?", Taehyung asked as he toed off his shoes.

The maid accepted his jacket and handed it to another maid who walked down to the coat rack. "All of the maids were very worried when you didn't arrive home last night. We thought of calling the police but your parents reassured us there was nothing to worry about".

The boy frowned once again, "They didn't worry?" He should have known they wouldn't care. Staying another day with Jungkook should've been a much better choice. Sadly, the boy had a strong sense of righteousness and wanted Taehyung back home so his parents wouldn't worry.

As if his parents ever really worried about him.

"They assumed you stayed the night with your fated mate", she informed him as they made their way upstairs. Taehyung really wanted to get into some comfy clothes before facing his parents. "They also thought you'd return with a mark-"

She had been smiling but it faltered when her eyes stopped at the bandage wrapped around his shoulder and neck. "Did you-", she stammered, the red patch that had soaked through the bandage enough proof.

"I got marked without consent by my true mate", he spoke coldly, knowing he will have to say those words again when facing his parents, "I stayed the night with someone that took care of me and nursed my wound".

"Oh Taehyung", tears welled in her eyes, "I didn't think- we should've sent someone with you".

"It's not your fault", he smiled though it was strained, "No one would expect a true mate to do this".

Not much was said after that. He went to change into comfortable clothes before going back downstairs to the living room where he knew his parents would be sitting in silence.

His mother was reading one of her students' papers while his father was busy making a phone call, unread newspaper on his lap. His mother looked up first and smiled, "Oh honey, you're back home".

She ushered him closer, seemingly trying to inspect him. She gasped and pulled him down on the couch, hands going over to the bandage, "It happened!" It was a squeal of joy that left her mouth rather than one of worry. "You got marked".

His father looked up at that and sniffed the air. "You already smell like him", he hummed in content and went back to his phone call.

Taaehyung had to fight for air in that moment, not believing his parents were acting this casual when there was clearly a bloody mark on his body. "It was without my consent mom", Taehyung spoke, fighting back against the tears threatening to spill, "I'm not in love with him".

His mother seemed taken aback by this and he noticed how his father ended the call in that moment, putting the phone down on the couch. "Well honey- it's normal not to be in love already after just finding each other", his mother explained, voice a bit strained.

"Your mother's right", his father spoke, "And your true mate doesn't really need your consent now, does he? You're fated to be together anyway".

"Yes that's true honey. It's not like anyone ever rejects their fated mate", she smiled, "You are destined to be together and you can't fight destiny".

"I don't love him", Taehyung gritted his teeth, his parents flinching at the tone of their son. Taehyung noticed how his eyes were shining a bright blue and he tried calming himself but it deemed to be hard when both of your parents found the horrible situation he was in normal. "I'm in love with someone else and he has challenged Sooyun to the death".

With that he stood up, ignoring his parents' protests and stormed upstairs.

"The only ones that care about me are the maids", Taehyung spoke after telling his story, "I'm grateful to have them in my life but they aren't any substitutes for my parents".

Jungkook's eyes were red at hearing the story, hands balled into fists. "I can't believe them", he growled, "I can't believe such parents exist".

He was sure of it now. Taehyung's life, though having money and wealth, it wasn't perfect. Jungkook may have no money but he had a father that cared about his wellbeing, who worried when he didn't come home at night.

Their lives were so different but that's what made them so good together.

"I'll make sure you'll get your happy ending Taehyung", he spoke, "And I'll make sure it's with me".