Year 5 - Professor Umbitch

The following morning there is a lot of commotion in the house. Everyone is rushing to get ready to leave as the members of the Order begin to arrive to escort us all to King's Cross station.

George and Fred don't make the morning any better as they bewitch their trunks to fly downstairs to save the bother of carrying them, with the result that they hurtle straight into Ginny knocking her down two flights of stairs into the hall: Mrs. Black and Mrs. Weasley are both screaming at the top of their lungs.

The raucous events of the morning is enough to leave me with a headache by the time we get to King's Cross.

Harry, Mrs. Weasley, Tonks and Sirius in his dog Animagus form head out first followed by Mad-Eye, Mr. Weasley, Ron and Hermione.

George, Fred, Ginny and I head out last with Lupin and meet up with everyone at platform nine-and-three quarters, where the Hogwarts express stands belching sooty steam over a platform packed with departing students and their families.

Mad-Eye Moody, Lupin and Tonks begin saying their goodbyes.

"It's been great meeting all of you," says Tonks, hugging Hermione, Ginny and me. "We'll see you soon, I expect."

A warning whistle sounds; the students still on the platform start hurrying onto the train.

"Quick, quick," says Mrs. Weasley distractedly, hugging us at random and catching Harry twice. "Write... Be good... If you've forgotten anything, we'll send it on... Onto the train, now, hurry..."

"See you!" Harry calls out of the open window as the train begins to move, while Ron, Hermione and Ginny wave beside him.

I look up at George and Fred. "We are finally away from your mothers constant scowling and shouting, finally!" I exclaim.

They both look down at me.

"No offence of course, it's just my ears can rest now," I add quickly.

They begin to chuckle. "We feel the same."

"Oh, lighten up," we hear Ron say, "he hasn't seen daylight for months, poor bloke."

"Well," says Fred, clapping his hands together and addressing Hermione, Harry and Ron, "can't stand around chatting all day, we've got business to discuss with Lee. See you later." And we disappear down the corridor to the right after I wave goodbye to Hermione.

The train is gathering more speed, so that the houses outside the windows flash past and we sway as we walk while looking for Lee. Eventually meeting up with him in one of the cabins.

"Lee!" exclaims Fred as they exchange a high five.

"You guys took ages, struggled to keep this cabin," answers Lee.

George helps me with my trunk as he replies, "sorry, it's rather crowded in the hallway this year."

George and Fred continue to speak on, as we all sit down, with Lee about the products they want to sell to the students this year, however I tune it all out as I lay my head against the window and gaze out upon the open fields as the clouds begin to cover the sky.

I let out a thoughtful sigh. Here's to hoping for a miracle that this year can actually be a normal year of school.

But I know it's useless seeing that Voldemort is on the loose and planning his great big comeback and wanting Harry Potter dead; we all know havoc seems to multiply around him.

But I want to be ready when that day comes. I know it's coming; the Order is trying to push it off as though they have got this in the bag, but the tension is running so high in that house that it's hard to believe it.