48. Together Forever

Start from the beginning

"I'll go get Haru, we normally go on a walk in the morning" Naruto pecked his man's lips before walking away.

"I'll get ready" Sasuke went with his coffee mug in hand to the bedroom. The young Uchiha wanted to enjoy every little moment he took for granted before; even more after the nightmare he had yesterday, it felt so real.

Naruto wanted to fight harder for the sake of his family. Three years and a half was a long time. But he held on to hope. He was not one to give up easily.

🍥🍜🍥🍜🍥

Following the complications of Sasuke's breech of contract, it took exactly eight months for Sasuke to finally be free from it.
Through the scandal and the trial, Naruto had been by his side for every hearing.

However that morning, the blond was not feeling his best to come for the final verdict.

Naruto was in the back garden with his eight year old daughter, his one year old baby and his almost five year old son. Karin joined him as he watched the kids play in the snow.
"Was it them?" He asked.

"Yeah, you're still in remission." She informed "no sign of infections or anything else that would make them say no." She reassured him

"That's good" He took a deep breath "Karin-..."

"Papa!" The kids called for him and he stood up joining them. He helped them build the snowman. Whatever he was going to tell Karin was immediately pushed to the back of his mind and consequently forgotten.
He loved hearing their laughter. It was music to his ears. They played together for a while before they were interrupted.

"Naruto-sama, dinner is served" the housekeeper bowed to them.

"Okay...let's go inside everyone. Wash your hands" he ordered.

Karin helped Haru, knowing Naruto doesn't have the strength to carry her at all.
She smiled as the kids greeted Sasuke. She knew he wanted to surprise Naruto with the good news.

But Sasuke's smile quickly died, ever so faintly in the back he could hear Kitsune's distinct barks.
"He's in the garden" Karin quickly informed going to get her medical gear.

Sasuke made his way there finding him collapsed on the snow.
"Naruto, stay with me...baby stay with me" he leaned in to see if he is breathing and could hear very faint breaths that stopped.

The wrist monitor flashed as it made one continuous beep. There was no heart rate it could detect.
Sasuke collected his chaotic thoughts, beginning with CPR.
"Karin, he doesn't have a pulse...he's not breathing"

"Don't stop the chest compressions." She ordered as she made a cut in his sweater and the undershirt.

As she ripped it open it slid under Sasuke's hand without his need to stop. He delivered the rescue breaths as she placed the chest plates. She turned the machine and told him to stop.

Silence filled the area as only the sound of the machine scanned, told them a shock was advised. Karin clicked the button delivering the shock and then proceeded to do CPR.
"You and I are gonna keep rotating until his heart is restarted or the ambulance is here" Karin stated and then stopped as the machine started scanning. "Okay get ready" she delivered the shock as advised and Sasuke took control immediately.