11. Admitting Hate

Start from the beginning

Dania answered for me before I even got a chance to open my mouth. "He's just about to leave actually."

I raised my brow at her. What the heck kind of game was she playing? "I am?"

"Yes. I need you to pick up a few more streamers for the reception hall." 

I grinded my teeth together to keep himself from giving her a piece of my mind. She could easily find someone else to do it. 

"Yeah of course. I'll be back in 20 minutes."  

She smiled at me like the most innocent person on the planet. "Thank you." 

I started walking towards the exit. "You're welcome,"I spit out. This was definitely going to be a long night. 

Laura's POV

My heart dropped at the sight of Ben. Chris was such a freakin liar. Ben wasn't supposed to be here till tomorrow. Damn him. For some reason I felt like Ben was staring at me the whole time. I tried to ignore the feeling by busying myself with decorations but I just couldn't shake the feeling. 

I had to admit he still looked so good; tall, lean and built so beautifully. He was wearing his classy v-neck look he always pulled off because of tan skin complection. He, like most men in his family, was eye candy for every girl and easily growled over. 

I shook my head a few times to get his stupid perfect image out of my head. Why must I always be tortured. I was holding onto the white piece of satin but I couldn't freakin reach the spot I was supposed to get at. Damn my stupid short genes. How the heck did my brothers get all the tall genes in the family while I'm stuck with the 5'2" frame? 

Just as I was about to give up I saw a larger and much more muscular hand take the fabric from my hands and raise it up to the spot it needed to go. Fear and regret filled my mind but I knew I had to turn to see who it was. 

Ben's incredibly piercing baby blues eyes were looking at me with foreign warmth. I forgot how captivating his eyes were. He used to silence my arguing with the batting of his lashes. 

No, no, no. I will not let my mind wonder that far. Those memories were supposed to be forgotten. 

I took a step back and we were both still, standing there and looking into each others eyes like it was the first time. 

"Laura it's time to walk down the isle."

Sarah's voice pulled me out of my trance and I rushed over to the other bridesmaids. Damn that was close. I have no idea what that was. 

Everyone was lined together with the person they were supposed to be with...except me. 

"Ben, can you walk Laura down the isle?" Dania asked. 

My heart sunk to the depths of hell. Aww heck no. This was not happening. "What? Why? Where's Chris?"

Dania gave me a sympathetic smile but it didn't quite make the cut for me. "He's out doing a little errand. He'll be back but in a mean time we need to match the music up to your guys' walking."

She was doing this on purpose. I could tell by the look on her face. She was up to something and I think I knew what it was. Dania always thought me and Ben were the perfect couple. I never told her the reason I left him. I didn't tell anyone, not even Ben. 

I would bet anything she was trying to get us back together. 

My life sucked...bad. I had no room to complain either because Dania would just tell me to suck it up. It's not my wedding after all.