17. Unspoken Words

This chapter is for Bianca. Happy late birthday. Hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think. 
_________________________________________

Laura's POV

By the end of my shift I was too frustrated to even stop by Mr. Compton's room to see if everything was okay. I didn't want to take the risk of seeing Chris. He was getting under my skin really fast. I knew it would be difficult whenever  he were to come back but I wish it wasn't now. I wasn't ready to face this whole thing. 

I didn't understand it either. Why didn't he call? All I could assume was that he didn't want me. But then why was he acting this way? By the looks of it, he was acting a little hurt and jealous. 

What did he expect? Did he really think I'd wait forever for him? All he needed to do was pick up a phone and call me. That simple. 

I got in my car and drove to Will's house. I still lived with my parents but with my crazy schedule I didn't want to wake anybody up. My mother was a light sleep so I always felt guilty when I woke her up at two in the morning. 

Will was a doctor so he too had a crazy sleep/work schedule. I can't remember how it started but after a while I'd just go to his place when I got off work too early. 

I used the key Will gave me and walked into his three bedroom home. It was beautifully furnished in a modern fashion. It wasn't completely a bachelor pad but close. I didn't mind thou. It was a little ways away from society. Will chose a home in the woods with an incredible view of the lake. He was the type of guy that loved to live and admire the nature. 

I dropped my keys and purse on the counter and headed towards the bedroom. I usually went for the guestroom but Will would always complain and ask why I didn't sleep in his room. 

It was a simple answer thou. I was still a virgin. I grew up believing that sex before marriage was bad. It stuck with me. I know people now a days are having sex at fifteen but that's just not me. I wanted to wait. I wanted to experience that special bond with my future husband and him alone. 

I told Will this and he was extremely understanding about it all. He never pressured me and I think that's why he made it so easy for me. And eventually I gave in and shared his bed. We never had sex but we did like to cuddle. 

He was asleep on the right side of the bed with no shirt on when I walked in. My eyes were glued to his incredible chest and abs. It always mind boggled me how he found time to work out with such a crazy schedule. 

I took off my scrub shirt and just wore my tank top and scrub pants. They felt like pjs anyway. I crawled into bed as quietly as I could but somehow he heard me anyway. Will instantly wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and pulled me to his chest. I felt him kiss the back of my head before falling asleep myself. 

I woke up to the sound of a beeper and almost forgot where I was. I sturred a bit but Will held me tighter and softly whispered into my ear, "Shhh. Just sleep."

His voice was so low and husky and extremely sexy in the morning. 

My lips curved into a smile. "Too late. I'm awake."  

"Then shut your eyes and go back to sleep." I felt him kiss my shoulder this time. The touch of his lips on my skin always gave me chills.

"Are you going back to sleep?" I asked turning in his arms so I could face him. 

"No."

His brown hair was a little messy but it only made him more sexier. Sometimes I wondered how I even got him. I was an average looking girl; there are so many more girls that looked so much better than me. How did I land a guy who looked so good and made great money? How?