1. Engagement Party

This story was inspired by the song "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace.

I know a lot of you are reading this book and thank you for that but there is a more recent updated version of this book posted on my profile as "Hating You Sweetly (New Edit)" It has a few different scenes. The characters are also a bit more defined, if that makes sense.

___________________________________

I stared out onto the open road and watched as I drove past the yellow stripes on black pavement. The clouds were coming in and they were turning grey. It looked like it was going to rain any minute. Good thing I wasn’t wearing white to this thing.

“So when exactly is this engagement party starting?” I asked my best friend who was sitting in the passenger’s seat.

Sarah raised her hand to check her watch. “In five minutes,” she said in a voice that sounded helpless and annoyed. I don’t blame her for being irritated; after all it was her engagement party and we were going to be late.

“Hey it’s not my fault,” I had to clear my name since it was she who wanted me to help her with her hair and make-up. “You were the one that wanted to look perfect. And perfection takes time…in this case a lot of time.”

Sarah twisted in her seat and smacked my arm playfully. I only laughed but I had to admit she did look amazing and drop dead gorgeous.

I didn’t have to do much to her eyes because her long luscious lashes always complimented her dark brown eyes making her appeal more alluring. Her light brown sometimes gold looking shoulder length hair was a pain to curl though because it never wanted to stay but of course I was professional at this point. I have had eight years of practicing on it to make it look this good.

“So I was thinking I’d just drop you off and head-“

She cut me off before I could finish my sentence. “No!” She practically yelled. “You’re my Maid of Honor Laura you’re supposed to be there. You were actually supposed to have been setting up for this party.”

I snickered. I totally got out of decorating this event because I was helping Sarah put her face on. That left the job to Dania who was a bridesmaid in the wedding and a totally control freak. She was also my best friend and I loved her to death but I was so glad I wasn’t there to have her bark orders at me.

“Sarah you know how I am around some people,” I whined. “And most of your friends are not my kind of people.” I wasn’t antisocial or anything I just had the tendency of speaking my mind which never led me to good places.

“At least make an appearance,” she pleaded. Goodness I hated when she used the puppy eyes.

“Fine, I’ll do it for you.”

Sarah has always been a good friend of mine and we tell each other everything so when she first told me she was dating Michael Compton I was seriously not shocked. He was a complete book worm who was studying to be a doctor and plays music for a hobby. Sarah was also a book fanatic, wants to be a nurse, and plays music on the side cause she loves it. So Michael was basically the male version of Sarah which is a bit creepy. They were like this perfect nerd/music playing couple.

As soon as Michael proposed Sarah called me up. I was honestly so happy for them because Sarah was seriously crazy about him. Michael is actually one of the most attractive guys I have ever met and every male member in his family are right there with him. They all have this creamy tan complexion that looked so soft and if they hadn’t dyed their hair then it was a shining jet black color. Yeah I’m jealous because damn, that family was blessed with good genes.