Choices

Rishabh(shocked): What!!

Sameer(concerned):Kya hua bhai..

Rishabh(concerned): Sameer Karan ka accident hua h..Hume abhi ki abhi City Hospital pahuchna hoga..Chal..

Rishabh and Sameer rushed towards the car concerned.

On the other hand, Karan was kept under observation. He was still under the effect of sedatives.

Mahira: Doctor use hosh kab tak aajayega..

Doctor: It's been a while..Bahut jald..

Mahira(smilingly): Thank you doctor..

Doctor: Well in case you know who Preeta is...Call her..He was murmuring her name continuously..I think she means a lot to him..

Mahira(clenching her fist): Okay..Main formalities complete krdeti hu..

She moved towards the reception.

Mahira(murmuring): Preeta.. Preeta.. Preeta.. Nafrat kr rhi hogi tumse..Aur ab tumhari zubaan pr sirf ek hi naam hoga..Mahira..

Mahira(to receptionist): Excuse me..Karan Luthra ka form..

Receptionist: Aap unki?

Mahira: Main uski fianc..

But before she could complete, she recieved a tight slap on her face.

Mahira(angry):What the hell..

She looked at Preeta shocked.

Preeta(angry in tears): Awaaz unchi mt karo Mahira..Vrna abhi toh sirf thappad maara h..Tum toh aur bahut kuch deserve krti ho..

Mahira(angry): How dare you..

Preeta(pointing finger at her): Don't you dare..

She snatched the form.

Preeta(to receptionist): I am his wife..Mrs. Preeta Karan Luthra...Karan ksa h..

Receptionist:Mam he's out of danger..

Preeta smiled and handed her form.

Preeta(wiping her tears): Thank you very much..

She gave Mahira death glare and ran towards Karan's ward still crying. He was hurt. She was broken but he was in pain and she needed to see him to breathe again, to live again, to know that her life is fine.

Karan slowly opened his eyes trying to get in what happened. There was unbearable pain in his head and he blinked several times before he could get the clear vision of his surroundings. It was a hospital ward. He remembered his accident.

Preeta opened the door of his ward. He turned his eyes to look who was there. She looked at him. A tear escaped his eye seeing her.

Tears rolled down her cheeks. He was fine. She smiled in tears and stood there just looking at him, thanking god that he was safe.

Karan(in low voice): Babydoll..

Preeta(smiling in tears): Bajarbattu..

She sat besides him and took his hand in hers kissing it several times.

Preeta(in tears): You are fine..

Karan(in low voice):I was coming but..

Preeta(smiling in tears): Sh..Chup..I trust you..

She gently kissed his forehead. He closed his eyes.

And there came the difference. Her three words changed the entire story, 'I trust you', the quality Karan lacked but she didn't. People say situations, feelings, time separate them but sometimes, it is just about the choices, the choices you make. She chose to trust him even when he didn't come, even when he didn't trust her.