Peter Quill

You stretched out on your bed, staring up at the glass ceiling. Stars drifted across the sky, muted by the bright lights of the compound. But at least out here, you can actually see stars. You kick the blankets further off the bed. Honestly, it's too hot for anything. A few more minutes in this heat, and you might just melt into your mattress. You continue to stare at the sky, hoping that each plane is the Milano, because the Guardians of the Galaxy are a bunch of liars. They said a week. It's been a month. That's four whole weeks. But just as you roll over to try to get some sleep, something moves in the darkness. A ship.

Finally.

You jump out of bed, sprinting down the halls towards the lawn. You run past the lab, skidding to a halt when you see the science bros concentrated on something that wasn't the fact that you had interstellar visitors about to ruin Tony's lawn. Again.

For like, the five thousandth time.

You bang on the glass, watching them jump. Way too easy. When they start to glare at you, you point to the sky, and they actually listen. Rumbling engines start to fill the air and they scramble for the glass door too.

You keep running out the front, watching the Milano land. The gust of wind makes you stumble back, but you keep your eyes on the door, waiting for your crush and best friends to come out. Crush? Peter Quill. Best friends? All of them but Rocket. The two of you mixed together is like trapping Bucky and Sam in the same room for an hour. The results vary from disastrous to catastrophic.

The door to the ship slowly opens, and the other Avengers at the compound run outside too. Natasha, Wanda, Steve and Clint. There rest are all off doing something else, a combination of home visits, missions, and something else unidentified (Wade Wilson, the resident creep of any Avenger's living space).

The first person off is Gamora, and you run, hugging her.

"You said ONE WEEK!" you yell, laughing.

"We got held up!" A different voice says from behind her. "Believe me, this is the fastest we could get here."

You huff, giving Quill a hug too. "You should've done better."

"I am Groot."

"It's nice to see you too, Twig," you say, smiling. The tree person smacks you lightly on the arm.

"Where's Drax and Mantis?" you ask, noticing a decided lack of dumb comments. "And what happened to Nebula?"

"Nebula ran off to kill someone," Gamora says, ticking them off her fingers. "Drax and Mantis are off running a smaller scale thing on Knowhere."

"And Rocket, thank-you for asking Y/n, is busy doing something else, because apparently we can't be trusted in the same room." The raccoon says, dragging a box full of parts behind them.

"I was getting there." You say, picking up the box and digging through it. "Stark! Come look at this!"

Tony stops his argument with Peter and looks over your shoulder. "Can I take this?"

"Go for it." Rocket says, walking inside alongside Groot. You look around for Gamora, finding the green assassin comparing notes with Natasha and Clint. Of course. You rush up the front to walk a step behind Steve and Peter.

"What you talking 'bout?" You ask, very tempted to jump on one of their backs. As you look from one to another, noticing they haven't noticed you. Screw it.

You jump on Peter's back, the latter letting out a huff on the sudden motion.

"Jesus, Y/n. The hell you doing?" he asks, hooking his arms under your legs to actually give you a piggy back, so you don't look like a flopping fish draped over his back.