T H I R T E E N.

[ Chapter Thirteen—fuckedy fuck ]

————————

I am standing in a field of daisies and the sun is shining brightly. I smile while basking in the blinding warmth of the sun. Suddenly, there is a hiss behind me that has me furrowing my brows and turning around.

I come face-to-face with a beautiful man who has such pale skin that it twinkles in the broad daylight. However, the beauty is masked by blood which soaks through his pristine white suit and drips onto the daises below—tainting them with red that should only belong on a rose.

His fair hair drips with the blood of the innocent, a sinister smile etched onto his scarlet lips. His eyes, which match the vermillion all over him, focus on me.

"My love," Caius whispers in such an evil tone it has me stumbling back, "come to me!"

His voice turns into a hiss—like a snake—and his hand reaches out for me, blood dripping from his fingers tips. I reel back screaming, my own loud wailing causing the scene around me to shatter like a million tiny glass pieces.

The dream ends abruptly and suddenly I am jumping awake while breathing heavily as though there is not enough air left in the room. Clutching a hand to my chest, I calmed down while looking around the room wildly.

Felix and Demetri had moved swiftly in taking me to the room earlier, both of them easily managing my struggling despite my strength. They dragged me to a room in what appeared to be the end of the East Wing of the castle and not-so-gently threw me inside before closing and locking the door.

The room was extremely nice and bigger than anything I was used to. A large bed that was no-doubt King-sized sat against the wall in the middle of the room, a small reading area just next to it along with a few dressers and desks scattered about. There was a fireplace and bookshelf filled with books that I took note of as well. A large rug went over the entire length of the room covering the cold stone floor that hid beneath, a chandelier that proved to be the only source of light for the room just above it.

The chandelier was large, but it did not provide the best lighting making it so the room had an overall dim feel. Had I still been human, this probably would have bothered me as I would not have been able to see the best, but now as I was a werewolf—it could be completely black and I would be fine.

There was a bathroom that contained a large tub, toilet, and sink. The closet was inside the bathroom, the door just at the end. It was odd as in the closet, the outfits consisted of something you would see someone wearing in the 1700s'. I had crinkled my nose at that wondering exactly how long it had been since someone inhabited this room.

Obviously, it had been a good two-hundred or so years. I shivered at the thought, disliking anything that had to do with a time-period before the roaring twenties.

History had never been my favorite class and I often lost interest in anything we learned about that came before the time of the Great Gatsby setting.

All in all, this room looked ancient, like something out of a medieval movie. Most people probably would have thought that it was cool, but not me. Nope, I absolutely hated the old theme and preferred rooms with sleek modern themes.

That was why the Cullen house called to me, it was perfectly modern and gorgeous. This castle was stuffy and old.

I had screamed for hours when Demetri and Felix first threw me in here, myself pounding on the door and throwing a fit. My tantrum had gone unheard as no one came to my aid, the door remaining sealed and locked.