~Atlas~

Thank you so much @Rose_is_Kpop_Trash for requesting Atlas! The most iconic video game villain. I'm sorry it took me awhile to write this, and for any mistakes. But I hope you enjoy

_________________________________________________________

I stood above Atlas's mutated body. Tears where rolling down my cheeks. I wasn't going to wipe them away, and probably won't for the hours I'll be here.
I knew his plan wasn't going to work, that his Ace in the Hole was going to back fire. I tried to warn him.
But my pleas didn't work..
Now I have to stand above his dead body and cry,
and as I sob I can't help but remember back to the events leading up his demise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was just a few days before New Years Eve, and a few days before Atlas's attack on an upcoming party at Kashmir Restaurant. All day I was trying to tell him he was insane for trying to pull off something this extreme, but he pushed my worrying aside.

I didn't enjoy Ryan very much, but an attack against a group of innocent people just happening to be enjoying a party? It makes me sick just thinking about it.

I was sitting quietly on the sofa, I had just finished trying to talk Atlas out of proceeding with the attack.

He had snapped, yelling at me before he stormed off. I knew I was annoying him, but I was worried, not only for the people but also for his safety.

He came back in the room ten minutes later, I was sitting in the same place, still stunned at his defensive, visous screaming.

Standing in the doorway he sighed at my form and walked over to me.

"I'm sorry love, I know you hate yellin'.." he trailed off, clearly struggling with his words. "It's just aggravating hearin' you nagging me, but you know this HAS to be done," his voiced came out stern.

It was a terrible apology.

I stared down at the floor, not at all wanting to talk or even look at him, a bitter feeling was riled in me.

He knelled down and placed a hand on my cheek, finally I had the guts to looked into his sympathetic fulled eyes and I broke.

"What happens if you get hurt, or worse?" I breathe out. The bitterness was gone, replaced with puppy love and worry just at the sight of him.

He chuckles and pulls me into a hug, "I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon, love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atlas's "Ace in the Hole" had just left his bathysphere and Atlas was clearly jumping with joy. I watched him as he spoke to the man with a smirk on his face, his eyes were gliding over monitors that contained the man, doing as exactly Atlas instructed.

Atlas turned around and looked at me "Isn't this great y/n? Soon Rapture will be ours!"

I put on a fake smile for him, "can't wait." He beamed before giving me a quick kiss then bringing attention to his new pet.

It had felt like my stomach dropped, the twisted feelings of sickness washed over me as I watched the man I love slowly become someone I didn't recognize.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andrew Ryan was just killed and the genetic key was inserted into the machine. Atlas had finally revealed himself.. his laughter rang out in my ears. I cringed, I hated this side of him.. unfortunately the real side.

"The names Frank Fontaine"

Fontaine.. I hated him, even though he was truly the love of my life I despise him. I loved Atlas, his charming looks, voice, what he stood for. But its was all just an act, and I knew that, but I loved to get wrapped up in the fantasy.

I didn't personally know Fontaine before he became Atlas but I prefer when he acted like the irish persona, and he knew that. For all the alone time we spent he kept up the act, just for me.

It always made you feel guilty, and I had often wondered if it made Fontaine feel sad?

Why did I have to fall for a lie?

I watched him talk into the radio,
I watched him initiate orders,
I watched him turn to me and smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I let out a sob and fall beside his spliced body. Never had he touched ADAM before.. and the first time he did he let it create him into a hideous monster.

The man I loved was dead and I wasn't angry at anybody, but myself. Why couldn't I prevented this.. Why was my love not enough?

I choke out yet another cry.