For a third time, he tried to run and I took a hold of him firmly.

"Tyler, really? It isn't a full moon. You're no match for me." I scoffed. "And about Caroline, she's on your side. She's your friend. So, stop being a dick to her."

"I thought vampires and werewolves hated each other?" Tyler scoffed.

"They used to, but it doesn't have to be that way! We all go to the same school, and we have the same friends. We all have a secret. This is your home, and it is my home. We can make this work, Tyler."

Without a reply from him, his phone began to ring. He quickly answered it and begged for help. I ripped the phone from his grasp and slammed it on the ground.

"Who was that? Damn it, Tyler, don't you see I am trying to help you!"

"You wanna be friends? Great! We're friends. Can you go now?" Tyler fought back.

"I don't know what else to say to you. I want a life where I can build a life here and I have. I want to keep building it. Now, you can build that too."

Before more words could be spoken, Caroline called. When I answered, it was not Caroline.

"Jules. Where is she." I growled.

Without replying I heard a gunshot and Caroline's scream boomed in my ear.

"Hurt her again, and I will rip your heart out."

"You do anything, I will kill her."

Before anymore words could be exchanged, she hung up.

"What's happening?"

"Caroline. Time to learn who your real friends are, Tyler." I scoffed, grabbing his arm.

***

"I know you're out there!"

"Where's Caroline." I stated, "Release her, and I will release Tyler."

"What a peace maker!" Damon scoffed, "But, my way is better. Bloodier. So, Give us the girl. We can take you."

"Sure, tough guy." She whistled.

With that, a whole group of more people joined us in the woods. A pack, you could say.

"You heard her. Get over there." Damon stated.

Tyler made his way to Jules and Damon and I exchanged glances.

"Come on, we can take them." Damon smirked.

"I don't know about that, Damon."

"Fine." He shrugged, making the first move.

An all out brawl began between us and them. We were stronger, but highly out numbered. We could handle one or two... but the a whole group would come in behind them. One seemed to get around me, and sent a stake in to my back. I let out a yell and fell to my knees instantly.

"Karson!" I heard Caroline scream.

I looked up just in time to see her being held with a gun to her head. I tried to fight the pain of the stake, but I just couldn't get up... No matter how hard I tried. Tyler was watching as we were being hurt and attacked. He stood by while Jules held the gun to Caroline.

Before anything more could happen, all of the werewolves fell down in pain and holding their heads. Similar to when Bonnie fries our heads!

"Elijah made a promise to Elena. I am here to make sure that stands. For now, you need to get out of here."

We all nodded and Caroline quickly came to my side and helped me up. We gave each other a look and made our way home.

***

"Is your mom home?" I asked.

"No, she's working."

"Do you want me to come in? Stay?"

"I'm okay, Karson."

"You don't have to pretend, Caroline. Not with me."

"I'm okay. Really. I'm not scared little Caroline anymore."

"Well, for what it's worth, I love all sides of Caroline." I smiled.

She smiled back with slight tears again, "You do?"

I nodded, "Of course. And after tonight... hearing your scream over the phone I just... I was scared. I was so scared, Caroline. And that's the moment I knew. I knew that I loved you."

She just smiled more, placing her lips onto mine. The kissing intensified and she pulled me inside, slamming the door behind us.

***

"I definitely would like you to stay now!" She laughed and gave me another kiss.

"Well, about that!" I smiled, putting my jacket back on, "I called in some back up for the night. I think you might need something a little extra tonight besides me. Come with me."

She gave me a questioning look with a smile and followed me to the front door where Elena and Bonnie were waiting.

"We're having a sleep over. Whether you like it or not!" Elena laughed, and giving Caroline a hug.

They had their girl hug, but Caroline looked up at me just before I left.

'I love you' she said without actually speaking. I smirked and said it back to her, closing the door behind me.