AAO | MoodSwings | 15

Start from the beginning

"10/4." Gunplay said and threw a nasty look over at Benji before he exited out of the room. For a grown man, his feelings were hurt. He'd stood by this man for years, had even taken a bullet for him once. The way the Boss had just handled him, was like he just spit in his face .. for Benji? That was strange and he was pissed by it, but played the quiet role for now.

"Look man, ion' need no babysitter. I can manage it on my own. Save ya money and ya dude's energy, I don't need it." He said once Gunplay had dismissed himself from the room. The nurse had finished with fixing him up after she'd popped his shoulder back. Once she'd done so, she put him in a sling and gave him a false prescription for some Oxycodone so he could deal with the pain until it started to let up.

"Ion recall asking you shit. Now you take yo ass on home and get yaself together for a few days. Let me handle this shit, cause ion need shit happening to yo ass. Aight? Now go home and stay there." The Boss said as he walked away from Benji.. making it clear that the conversation was now over and that was it.

Benji was still upset, but nonetheless he and Layton got into Gunplay's all black Tahoo truck before they headed to his place. Gunplay looked at BG from his rear view mirror, shooting him death glares the way to his house. The shit wasn't sitting right with Benji and he couldn't just sit there without speaking up.

"Aye, ion' know you and you don't know me. If you got some shit to get off yo chest, do that. Ion like yo ass, just as you don't like me, since I'm being real." Benji said to him from the backseat. Layton shot a look over at him, but she didn't say anything. It was a bit strange, she actually had said much all night.

Gunplay only smirked, but didn't say anything else as he continued to drive them home. Within fifteen minutes, they were inside of Benji's place with one of the corner boys at his door, supposedly guarding it from anyone else. He felt it was unnecessary, but he didn't push it. Besides, he was in too much pain right now to do too much of anything at this point. As soon as he walked in, he sat down on the couch to relax and process what the had just happened.

"Fuck!" He said after he'd sat down too quickly and had bumped his dislocated shoulder while doing so. A concerned Layton was on his trail and helped him to prop a pillow up under his arm so he would be in a comfortable position. "Preciate it." He said once it was fixed in the right positions and he shut his eyes. Even then he could tell she was staring at him and it was obvious she had many questions for him that he didn't have answers too. Well, he did, but he wasn't about to open his mouth and give them to her.

"What Layton?" He questioned with his eyes shut.

"What?" Layton asked, confused. She hadn't said a thing to him, so was curious by his questioning. The way she'd answered caused him to open his eyes to look at her, just to let her know he was onto her.

"What you gotta say?"

"What? Why do you figure I got something to say?" Layton asked, still confused by his questioning. She was an open book when it came to him and was one of the easiest people for him to read. It was crazy to her how he could tell exactly what she was thinking before she was even sure of it herself, but he knew.

Benji smacked his lips. "Cut the bullshit man."

Layton sighed. "What was that Benji?" It was a way more simple question than he'd expected. Despite it being that simple, he still didn't have an answer for it though. Well, he did, but it wasn't for her though.