43. Parenting 101

Start from the beginning

🍙🍜🍙🍜🍙

Naruto had his breakfast in his room and heard some noise right outside his door. Once the door was open, his brunette daughter and blond son were in view, Shikamaru was holding the baby.

"Papa!!" They both called as they saw him awake.

"They wanted to come see you and you know...Sora's puppy dog eyes are my weakness" he cleared his throat.

"I'm happy to have company and who's better than my babies?" He helped them up and kissed them "I missed you"

"Miss you too, Papa!" Sora excitedly took his rightful place sitting in between Naruto's legs as he has gotten used to whenever his father was in the hospital, his colouring book in hand.

Naruto just chuckled at him messing his hair laughing some more as the four-year-old started fixing it right away.
His arm around Yāra who just looked at him with an undying concern.
"You're okay?" She asked.

"Better than okay with you here, sweetie. Sorry for worrying you"

She hugged him tight "you won't leave me too right, Papa?"

"I promise I'll do my best to be with you as long as possible. But even if I'm not physically with you...I'll always be right here" he tapped her chest, meaning her heart. She small smiled.

Shikamaru just sat down with the baby, she was quiet for the most part. Unlike Sora, she didn't protest if someone else other than Naruto held her.
"Shikamaru, I have some good news to share" Naruto's eyes watered "it's a miracle really....I went into remission..."

Shikamaru was about to ask but he processed the information.
"You're..."

"I'm cancer free" Naruto restated breaking down in happy tears.

"Are they absolutely certain?" Shikamaru got closer holding his hand.

"Yes, they did the test like three times. I couldn't believe it either. She said it's rare but it happens..."

"That means...we can...you can get back on the list right? You can get a heart, right?"

"Hopefully" he replied. All of a sudden there was hope again. "This all just feels like a dream"

Shikamaru cried silently, for all those times he thought the heavens were so cruel to take such a kind spirit; all of Naruto's good deeds are now being rewarded.

🍜🍥🍜🍥🍜

Shikamaru gathered all their friends. They of course made the time to come see their favourite blob of sunshine, specially knowing he was dismissed from the hospital.

Naruto walked in, hugged by his grandma first.
"Baa-chan" he smiled. "I thought you were travelling with Jiji"

"We came when we heard you were in the hospital. You didn't want any visitors?" She wondered as she had come by when he was in ICU.

"No, I just needed some time alone while in there" he confessed. He thought he was closer to his death and he had been thinking about it all.