His discomfort of exposing his family ebbed down as the evening progressed on lighter notes. Their guests were very elegant and sensitive enough to respect host's privacy while indulging themselves in various discussions with his family. There were conversations about music, Bollywood, Indian cuisines, delicacies and traditional dresses. Sheetal tried to bring in brands and all but Ms. Arkin brushed aside it as a boring topic. Brands are not the only way of life, who better than brand owners know that. 

Khushi enjoyed being herself at the table, putting in her cents when required. She realized she had been nervous coz of her prejudices, fearful of making mistakes. It had gone all well, everyone faltered here and there in topics outside their niche. Arnav had been supportive and right that it was a normal dinner with normal people so she should relax and be herself. There were dissents too, but were beautifully accepted with no one actually showing displeasure even if offended by some remark. 

Nani,the matriarch of RM, didn't try to show superiority of their Indian culture and sounded eager to know and appreciate others' too. She appreciated Mrs Arkin's knowledge of Indian culture and was being respectful while talking about differences and similarities between the two. Soon the forbidden topic - business talks of fashion and market paved its way occupying attention of most. 

Khushi was getting bored with the damned discussion, sitting beside Arnav while her gang easily conversed on other side of table about their restaurants and food with other guests. Sheetal smirked when she saw her distracted. She found the moment perfect to put Khushi on spot without highlighting her real intentions that were to point out how different she was from Arnav, a mismatch. What could a Maths student possibly know about fashion. It was already so ridiculous that these two completely different persons made a baby together! Not having any idea of Khushi's pregnancy, she was on her mission to make Arnav realize, how embarrassing Khushi can be when she ll fumble now like a 'small town gawar'(illiterate, here it is in context of not much fashion sense) who has little knowledge about fashion. The nerd should move on with some Maths professor n leave her fashionista man alone. Their incompatibility was visible even to blind man! She didn't know that it was she who was being selectively blind in her fanning her old desires, behaving like a foolish, delusional woman who can see every damn thing but truth. That its idiotic to think that only people with fashion have class.

Her sly attempt failed when Khushi confidently tried to bypass the topic, "I know thing or two about color coordination and fabrics but fashion on whole isn't my thing. I have little knowledge there. My opinion will most probably be novicey, might even be contrary to whats trending. So, excuse me for this one." Sheetal breathed a relief when another guest became sweetly persistent that wife of fashion mogul would certainly know about current trends, what else could be more interesting to talk with her stylish husband. 

Arnav was about to intervene when Khushi jokingly asked the guest's 'opinion' on most popular Maths theorem. Room fell silent coz everyone had used it in school days but who the hell in their sane mind ll have an opinion about a theorem except the expert!  Mr. Arkin burst out laughing at her humorous way of making the point that same applies to current trends in their business. Why should a person always have opinion about everything you come across or be in risk of sounding not a very aware person. You can always to have no opinion, no idea about something and it ll be pretty fine. That doesn't make you less knowledgeable person. Arnav was glad to see how smoothly she silenced two annoying women, not intimidated by them at all. It was stupid anyways to think that husband-wife should have thorough knowledge of each other's profession. 

Well, the guests were completely charmed visiting Shantivan, expressing their heartfelt thanks for luscious dinner on such a short notice. While Arshi were busy with the old couple, Sheetal pulling 'lonely' and 'curiosity' card on elder ladies got herself invited to stay at RM for upcoming wedding functions of Lavanya and NK. She had already got her leaves for a month sanctioned from LV. She was hoping for a transfer to Delhi branch otherwise would have to join AR in near future. She smiled as she was completely geared up to observe, act and replace Khushi. Her audacity was just too much coz both NK and La's families were staying at ManMahal along with their guests.