"Khushi please say it na"

"Arnavji ek hi baat hazaar baar bolne se kya ho jayega? Ye phele baahar aa jayegi?"("What will happen if I repeat it 1000 times? She won't come out sooner! ")

"Last time. Pure din pareshan nahi karunga tumhe, Pakka"("Last time. I wont irritate you whole day, I promise.")

"Fine. Aap. Papa. banane. wale. ho", she repeated it for 100th time, uninterested in humoring his weird demands that has become routine since the day pregnancy got confirmed. This was seriously getting on her nerves now. ASR was better than this Arnav.("You are going to be a Dad")

"Aise nahi...waise bolo jaise first time bola tha"("Not like this...say it the way you said it the first time")

"Arghhh!"

"Khusheeeeeeeeeeee"

She sighed coz subconsciously she knew he was compensating for his lost chance during Aarav's time. She turned completely towards him and said it with same eagerness, same twinkling eyes and same smile as first time. It was fluent when it came from heart. "Arnavji, aap Papa banane wale hain" ("Arnavji...you are going to be a Dad"). 

"Thank you so much", he pecked her cheek and moved out. "Bye", she shouted now smiling. Arnav turned and mouthed the same with a bright smile. Khushi kept on looking as guards wished him, he nodded and ASR disappeared into AR. She drove to her University. Its ok, she ll take a rebuke from Mrs. Bhatnagar(a strict professor who taught Ph.D students.) for that smile which lights up the world. Life is just so beautiful and bright. 

O saathi re
din Doobe naa,
aa chal din ko rokein
dhoop ke peechhe daudein
chhaaon chuyein naa,
O saathi re...

O my companion,
let the day(happiness/joys) not end.
Come, let's stop the day,
let's run and catch the sun that's falling,
let the shade(sorrows) not touch us,
O my companion.

********

Givenchy (LV is the parent company) deal was finally concluded. Arkins had flown down to Delhi and the team unfortunately included Sheetal(marketing ). Indo-western zardosi work turned out to be exotic for them and things got finalized for 70% as Arnav had expected. Problem was Mr. Arkin had self-invited his family and the core team to Shantivan during the break. The old man was just too forward and ardent to know about Indian culture and meet the family of young man esp, his mother-in-law, the person behind the delicate needle work. 

Arnav had had meetings and office parties at RM in the past too but within limits of his privacy that too before Aarav had come in his life. He was skeptical about the old couple's request. They had been screened and found to be harmless by the security and looked genuinely interested. Arnav talked to Khushi about it. She was a bit uncomfortable to decide matters of such huge importance about such prestigious guests but understanding his need for her opinion, she thankfully acted like a hostess would. She brushed off his concerns about Sheetal, the warning about her being not allowed in the house was not at all serious. They discussed the arrangements and Khushi really found it cute that he found it necessary to ask her before inviting Sheetal in. AR had been working on this deal since long, so Khushi knew the importance of the visiting guests, even when she kept herself away from his money and business matters. She knew this was to be executed perfectly as one team, a good hostess regardless of inexperience. 

Next evening, Shantivan hosted a lavish dinner for their guests from Paris with strict 'no official talks' code as requested by Mrs. Arkin. They were delighted to meet the Raizadas and Guptas, fascinated by the joint family. Everyone enjoyed the scrumptious food with easy chats flowing around the table in a tastefully decorated mansion. Aarav occupied everyone's attention something that made his over-protective father squirm in his chair with unease. Arnav was not comfortable introducing his innocent baby to his professional counterparts, so kept him tucked by his side most of the time. He would have kept him safe in pouch, had he been a kangaroo.