Part 2

The diner was this little corner place that you wouldn't know existed if you drove too fast.

Walking in you could already tell it's been modernized but still kept the same chic that it had when if first opened. There were booths all along the windows and the floors were tiled checkerboard and the booth seats were bright red.

We sat at a booth in the close to the corner. Ted spoke first when we were given our menus.

"What are you getting?" Ted asked looking at the menu.

"Weren't we here to get pizza, Ted?" I laughed as he came to the realization as to why we were there.

"Ohh." He commented and placed the menu back down.

"I never caught your name,"

"That's 'cause I never threw it."

He tried hiding his smile but failed and laughed.

"No but seriously." He looked straight at me.

"My name is Maggie." I put my hand out which Ted gladly took and shook.

"Do you guys know what you want to order?"

Two pizzas and 3 cokes later our bodies were dead. Ted paid the bill and the two of us wobbled out with full stomachs.

"That stuff is delicious. Remind me to keep coming here." I laughed and nodded starting up my 3DS.

"Oooo you got Mario kart on there?" Ted looked over for a quick second before putting his eyes back on the road. I nodded before replying.

"Of course! Every gamer needs to have Mario kart on their ds." He smiled and looked at me for a little longer than before but looked back at the road when I looked up at him from beneath my eyebrows.

Teds pov

Okay, this is okay. Anyone can have a small crush on someone even if they are roommates. It's just like a celebrity crush, everyone has one.

But you aren't friends with those celebrities so you don't have to worry.

Maybe I should tell Madi, just so she can know and so I don't feel guilty since I know Madi likes me. I'll tell Madi.

I look over at her and watch her play on her 3ds very intensely. Her blue hair looks amazing, especially with the dark blue highlights. I wonder how she keeps it intact like that.

"You know if you keep looking at me your gonna crash and kill us both?" She looks up and smiles at me and I can't help but smile back.

I nod and turn my head and continue to drive to our dorms.

"I am beat. See you tomorrow, Ted? Only if I catch you, I got classes late at night so," She had her hands in the pockets of her jean jacket making them point out.

Before I respond I take a nice look at my roommate. She had a Mario kart shirt on with some black jeans and the blue jean jacket. Her blue hair is parted to the side and isn't too long or too short. She also had some piercings in her ears along with one in her nose, and even though I didn't look much, she had a tongue piercing. Her brown eyes looked at me tiredly, awaiting my response.

"Uh yeah, um. I have classes in the morning so I might catch you right before you leave for yours. Goodnight, Maggie." I go in for a hug while she goes in for a handshake. I look at her hand and I feel my face blush embarrassed.

"I'll give you a hug tonight, Ted, but after, we keep things professional. We're adults for Pete's sake." She laughed at our awkward encounter and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and hold her for a little longer because of a reason I couldn't name.

"Good night, Ted." And she disappeared into her room.

I stand there for a little longer, looking at her door smiling before I go to my room and turn in for the night

It's all too surreal, her being in the room next to me and me not being able to do a damn thing about it.