FN-2187

Finn stared at Wu Dinn, taken aback. He had never said anything to the man aside from typical greetings. How did he know Finn wanted to talk to him? Did he overhear the conversation with Poe? And what did the Force have to do with anything? And especially with him?
Wu Dinn opened his eyes, and looked back at Finn. With raised brows, the already substantial amount of white around his dark irises grew. Finn had no question as to how the man managed to live so long, as death itself would probably cower from his stare.
"I ... don't know much about it. Uhh... it's a power. It makes people stronger and faster, and you can move things with your thoughts. It can make you see better. I don't know... I'm not really the one you should ask about it. Rey could tell you--"
"Rey is off planet." Dinn interrupted. "And I wasn't asking in order for you to teach me."
"Then ... why are you asking? ... I mean, why are you asking me?"
"I'm not asking you. I'm preparing you."
"Preparing me? For what?" Finn was becoming more confused by the minute. And he was beginning to feel suspect, as if this old man were conducting an investigation.
"I am. From a certain viewpoint." Dinn replied, as if hearing Finn's thoughts. "As I said before, I was not asking in order for you to teach me. I am asking in order for me to teach you."
"You're?" Finn stuttered, "You ... teach ... me?"
"Yes. The Skywalker twins need help. They need wielders of the Force. Ben Solo and Rey are strong, but they will be overpowered in number."
"What are you talking about?! Why are you wanting to teach me!? I don't ... I don't have the Force! And what makes you think you can teach me about it!? That's it. You're a crazy old man. I'm leaving."
"Take a seat, Finn." The old man stated firmly. "And search through your feelings."
Finn reluctantly complied to the man's request. He resumed his position with crossed legs on the floor, opposite Wu Dinn, and closed his eyes.
"You too, youngling."
Finn's eyes flashed open to see Wu Dinn looking past him to the door. A young girl slid into view from the doorway looking abashed.
"Wait. What - ?" Finn said. He suddenly felt reality turn on its head. Everything around him seemed to burst open. He could feel the ground beneath him seething and churning. The small room he was sitting in suddenly felt like it was breathing. And the man. The man seemed transformed. He looked the same, but ageless and regal. As if he were a knight. The girl, too. She was bright, almost shining. It was too much for his senses. Finn suddenly went limp, and crumpled to his side on the floor.
"He'll be fine." The old man said to comfort the startled girl.

"Commander Dameron." General Organa Solo attempted contact with the base on Endor. After a few more tries, a crackly response came.
"General! Glad to hear from you! How is everyone? Have you had to kill Kylo Ben yet? Oh. And I better ask about Rey... I'll never hear the end of it if I don't. Do -- "
"Poe!" Leia interrupted. "How are things at the base? Any attacks? Have you found any recruits?"
"Yes. Everything is good. No First Order attacks so far. And we are nearly finished training our first group."
"Good."
"There is one thing though.... one of our recruits. I don't know. He seems to be hiding something." Poe admitted.
"Do you think he's a spy?"
"No. It's not like that. He's really old. I can't explain it. Something about him is just... different."
"Ok. Keep constant watch on him. If he does anything out of the ordinary, lock him up. And Poe. Continue recruiting."
"I'm already on it, General. Lieutenant Connix and Rose Tico are currently off planet, scouting for people with tech experience."
"Great. Keep up the good work. And tell Finn that Rey is fine." Leia ended the transmission.

Luke decided that they wrap things up for the night. It didn't seem they would be able to find a way in through the jedi temple. They were all still pretty exhausted from the trip. Not the best condition in which to challenge the Sith.
"There are a couple of surveillance droids swarming around. We should probably get out of the open. If we're recognized, things would be ... bad." Luke instructed.
"And we need some time to figure up a plan. Leia agreed. "Chewy, find some lodging for us. Somewhere nearby, and inconspicuous."
"The Alessandra hotel is not far from here." Ben informed them. "And I think there's supposed to be a tunnel beneath it that also runs under the Senate building. The Emperor is rumored to have used it during the Clone Wars." Ben had been to Coruscant several times before, and was somewhat familiar with the area, though he never had any desire to see the jedi temple.

The hotel room was small, but the group made it work. The two women shared the only bed. Ben and Luke took the floor on either side, and Chewy chose the chair near the door. Luke had fallen asleep first, and was snoring soundly. Leia followed him with a polite snooze. Neither Rey nor Ben could get anywhere near drowsy. They both kept replaying their last force connection in their minds. Who was that man? How did he enter their connection? Is he the Sith master Luke was speaking of? He emanated a strength in the dark side Ben had never seen before. Not even Snoke's presence was as dark.
A few hours creeped by, and they both still lay awake in silence. Rey began hearing a low vibrating rattle. It seemed to follow a pattern similar to breathing. She became more and more suspicious of it. With the image of the masked man plastered to the forefront of her mind, and the anxiety of staying hidden, she could no longer focus on attempting sleep. After a few more minutes, she slowly raised up from the bed, weapon in hand.
"It's Chewbacca." Ben said quietly but nonchalant. "He does that when he's asleep."
"What?"
"It's him.... I was afraid of it when I was little, but Mother told me Wookiees do that when they sleep. Usually it's only when they're really comfortable, or exhausted. It's a sort of self-soothing. Kind of like when human babies suck their thumbs. Chewy vehemently denies that he does it. It's actually kind of funny."
Despite the relief that came from Ben's explanation, Rey was still troubled. She sat up at the side of the bed. "Ben... I can't get that man's face out of my head. It's haunting me. I think he's haunting me."
"I can't sleep either. I was thinking about going for a walk. Would you join me?"