Rebels

It is late. The night sky is clear, the galaxy is revealing its many stars, and the vast amount of debris in orbit causes a slow shimmering swirl from horizon to horizon. This was certainly not her first choice for a new base, but it was fairly close, and there could be equipment here they could salvage.
        The General never thought she'd set foot in this system again. She'd successfully avoided doing so for more than 30 years now. It was incredibly ironic, she that she end up in this place under circumstances similar to the ones that brought her here the first time.
      Although there are happy memories, there is a bittersweet effect to them.  It was here that her feelings toward Luke were confirmed. He was her brother, as she somehow always knew.
       Her biological father died here. He had been the tyrannical enforcer of the Galactic Empire. Darth Vader. Yet he had redeemed himself in the end.
       And here was also the place she and Han Solo became officially husband and wife.
       Leia Organa Solo stood against the wall of the ruined generator complex, resisting a shiver. There was a chill in the breeze, though it was welcome. That seemed the only difference from now and her memories. She raised her curled fingers to her mouth subconsciously, a pair of gold dice in her grasp. With a cough, she started back toward the Falcon.
       "Any word yet from Rey, Chewy?"
Chewbacca groaned in the negative.
       "Well, if you hear anything, let me know."
Another groan.
        "I'll be in my quarters."
      Leia may not have become a mother to a little girl, but life experience had taught her a few things. And the force is not a secret keeper to those sensitive to it. She knew there was some kind of connection between Rey and her son Ben Solo. She had felt Ben's presence with Rey ever since she came back from Starkiller base. She also knew Rey wouldn't want to talk about it. And she understood. 
       It had been about 4 days since Rey left the base here on Endor. Which meant she would have arrived at the planet yesterday some time. She hoped it would be a short trip, as the first order would be gathering Intel and preparing another attack as soon as they could. Leia also had to admit she missed the girl. She was beginning to see Rey as her own daughter.
     The General was never comfortable with the idea of using the force. She's always felt that it wasn't hers to use. It seemed a power that was too big for her to control. Too big for anyone to control. Nevertheless, she sat down, as Luke instructed her long ago, closed her eyes, and reached out with the force.  She saw, what seemed to her, the entire universe in a moment. It was so much more alive than she had ever imagined. Searching through with her feelings, she whispered her brother's name. Silence.

       Poe sat concerned, glancing back and forth between the wookiee and the parts scattered across the large work table. It was difficult seeing his closest companion in his current state. Their last mission was technically a success, but not without repercussion. There had been a vicious ion storm as they left the planet. He was able to maneuver the fighter around the edge of it, yet the storm still had ill effects on both his ship and his droid.
       The outer rim territories were dotted with allies and rebel sympathizers. Poe Dameron had recently been handed over command of the Resistance by General Leia. He wasn't sure if it was a permanent thing, or if she was giving him charge until she was fully recovered from the decompression sickness her loving son caused when he took out the bridge of the Raddus.
        Regardless, the Resistance needed all the help they could get, and he had to round up as many as he could before the First Order found them, with another attack. The latest mission brought in 3 new techs, 4 pilots, and a new base- one that is actually fully staffed and functioning.
        Poe was certainly grateful, but someone could have warned him of the ion storms that frequented the system. If he had noticed it coming just a few seconds later, he would have been space junk, along with his prized x-wing, and his droid best friend.
       "How's he coming along?"
        The wookiee looked up from his work, an appearance of annoyance emerging from his furry face. The commander was hovering. Chewbacca had many years' experience working under pressure with Han Solo at the helm, and Han certainly put on the pressure. Chewbacca both liked and didn't like commander Dameron for the same reason. He was very much like a young Han Solo. But, at the moment, he was just being annoying. He growled in response to Poe's inquiry. Poe didn't understand Shyriiwook, but he got the gyst of what the wookiee said and backed off.
        "Right," he said, "I'll just.… go.… grab some lunch. Want me to bring you something?"
        Another grumble.
        "Ok, then... will you at least let me know when he's up?"
        Chewbacca nodded curtly, not bothering to look up from the droid's motivator.

        Rose was doing well, now. She was given some bacta treatments for her wounds, and they were almost healed. Finn seemed a little uncomfortable around her since they arrived on Endor. She kept asking him to join her in the Ewok village. She said she wanted to learn their language. Finn presumed she wanted to keep visiting because they were fuzzy and cute. He also had to admit to himself that fact. They were fuzzy and cute. But, the feelings he kept sensing from her were not so unlike the ones she expressed about the Ewoks.
       The kiss she gave him on Crait was a bit of a shock. He had been hoping for one from Rey, and the one he got from Rose was an utter surprise. He's been trying to politely avoid her since she woke up. Every time he sees her, he's reminded of that kiss. It was tiny, but very sweet. And what she said afterward kept repeating in his head. Not fighting what you hate. Saving what you love.