But she stopped, at the middle of the hallway. She turned around and looked at him, her hands clasped together. "Can you... Can you come with me?"

His heart's beating fast again. He was taken aback. He stood still waiting for her to continue.

"I mean..." she cleared her throat. "I really don't think I can do this alone." she looked at him and felt embarrassed when he remained silent. She chuckled. "Actually, never mind. Your mom must be waiting for you right now." she forced a smile before she turned to leave.

But before she could take another step, she felt someone walked beside her. She lifted her head and saw Jeongin.

"Let's go?" he asked.

She nodded, and smiled.

"You're trembling." he noticed while looking at her hands.

She raised her hand and chuckled. "Yeah. I'm really nervous."

Jeongin took it and held it. "You're also cold."

She's feeling it again. That 'butterflies-in-stomach' feeling and her heart's beating faster. She's been feeling it everytime he's near but she just want to deny it. Because it feels so wrong, and right at the same time. Right at this moment, she doesn't know if she's feeling nervous because of her father or because of him.

Jeongin's smile faded when he caught her staring at him. He let go of her hand immediately and looked away. "I'm sorry. I just—"

Nayeon held his hand this time. "Will you hold my hand until we reach there. It's really calming." she said in soft voice. "I mean, you said we're family. Family supposed to support and take care of each other." she said, almost sounded like a whine.

Jeongin laughed. "Alright," he held her hand tightly. "Let's go." he smiled.

She smiled back as she walked with him. This just feels right.

———————————————

"Good morning, sir." Jeongin greeted as he walked towards him.

The old man weakly lifted his head to look at him, and he smiled. "Yang Jeongin...?"

He smiled back and nodded.

The old man chuckled. "Seungmin's friend, right? You really grew a lot. How old are you?"

"19, sir."

"Ahhh... you were just too small when I last saw you. And you're always around Nayeon." he laughed softly. "Do you still hang out with her?"

He nodded. "Yeah, sometimes... When I'm at their house."

"You should do that more often. I know how much stress she's been having whenever she's with her brothers. But when you're around, all I see on her face is peace... and smiles." he smiled at the last word too.

Jeongin wonders how did her dad know about that. Her dad's not always there, though he still visits, but not often.

"Tell me," Mr. Im leaned towards him. "Do you want my daughter to be your girlfriend? Or are you already together—"

"What the hell are you saying?"

The two both looked on their front and saw Nayeon who just came out behind the curtain, fuming mad with her arms crossed.

She looked away. "How can you still say nonsense things with that condition?"

"Nayeon..." Mr. Im called her. "You came."

"Hmm. I need to." she said still not facing him, preventing herself from crying. She can't face him. "Mom's forcing me to go here, so."

Jeongin looked at him and shook his head. He mouthed, "She's lying."