039 | epilogue

"You can't be serious!" Jeongyeon yelled at Nayeon.

"Look, I agree with Sana. I don't think he deserves to be in jail."

"But he hurted you! Both of you."

"He was drunk—"

"He was jealous and mad at you." Jeongyeon cut her off. "He'd do it again."

"He won't. I'll talk to him."

Jeongyeon shook her head in disbelief and looked at others. "You okay with this?"

Jeongin crossed his arms. "Nayeon and Sana noona made their decision. I respect that."

Jeongyeon just rolled her eyes. "Fine. Do whatever you want." she said before she walked out.

Sana touched Nayeon's shoulder. "I'll talk to her. You can talk to Jinyoung."

Nayeon nodded. "Thanks."

Sana nodded back and left to follow Jeongyeon.

Jeongin walked towards her. "You want me to come with you?"

Nayeon shook her head. "No, it's fine."

"Okay. I'll just wait for you outside."

"Okay." Nayeon smiled at him before she turned around and entered the room.

---

"I'm sorry."

Nayeon was surprised to hear the first words Jinyoung has spoken since she stepped inside the room— since their break up.

"No, Jinyoung. I'm sor—"

"Nayeon, I almost got you and Sana killed because of me being reckless, being a jealous ex-boyfriend. I'm sorry. I would've said that I should be in jail but I won't. My mom..."

"I know. That's why we decided to give you a second chance. But I have to know that you won't do it again."

Jinyoung looked at her sincerely. "I won't. I promise."

He could be lying, but Nayeon chose to believe in him. "Jinyoung, I'm really sorry."

"I'm not sure if I'm really over that part but I'm sorry too."

Nayeon smiled lightly. This could be a good start.

---

When Nayeon left the room, she's surprised to see Jeongin's the only one left there. "Where are the others?"

"They left to buy foods." Jeongin stood up and lightly stretched his arms. "Are you okay?"

Nayeon smiled and moved closer to him. "Yep. I can say that this closure is better than we had before."

Jeongin held her hand and bring it closer to his lips and kissed it. "We can get through this."

Nayeon smiled cheekily. "Damn right."

fin.

A/N: Hi! Thank you for reading and supporting this story. I'm sorry I had to end it this way (I don't really know what to do with this story anymore lol.) but I still hope that you like the overall story. Feedbacks/comments are highly appreciated. Thank you so much!